HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

2009 Users + Posts Spam [RESOLVED]

lorddfglorddfg
edited September 2018 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I was using the Cleanser incorrectly. I went back and forth and was able to figure out how to get the list. ALL GOOD!

Steps I followed:

1) That's the user ID, I checked the user id of the spammer it was like 168988, and I ran it and it pulled the spammer emails along with others.

2) That's goes with step 1, I select the roles.

I went to FTP and located the file, cleanserlisttxt and I edited the records so only the spammer addresses were left.

example:
169932|vepsen1947|New User|[email protected]||September 18|||...|...

3) Once that's done, I clicked on View the list to confirm if everything is OKAY. And then I simply selected the PURGE users option and let it run.

And voila spam GONE!

So, in short, keep Googling and researching till you find the solution. It took me a while but I got it working.

I hope my post helps you out as well.

============================

I have tried Cleanser, it doesn't pull the users and BulkEdit just doesn't run.

I have spam, I want to remove it. I can delete the users but then I am stuck with the content. Is there a way to DELETE USER and CONTENT in one swift manner. I really don't want to go and select page after page.

There should be an easier way to do this :(.

Comments