Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

2009 Users + Posts Spam [RESOLVED]

lorddfglorddfg
edited September 2018 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I was using the Cleanser incorrectly. I went back and forth and was able to figure out how to get the list. ALL GOOD!

Steps I followed:

1) That's the user ID, I checked the user id of the spammer it was like 168988, and I ran it and it pulled the spammer emails along with others.

2) That's goes with step 1, I select the roles.

I went to FTP and located the file, cleanserlisttxt and I edited the records so only the spammer addresses were left.

example:
169932|vepsen1947|New User|vepsen2147@gmail.com||September 18|||...|...

3) Once that's done, I clicked on View the list to confirm if everything is OKAY. And then I simply selected the PURGE users option and let it run.

And voila spam GONE!

So, in short, keep Googling and researching till you find the solution. It took me a while but I got it working.

I hope my post helps you out as well.

============================

I have tried Cleanser, it doesn't pull the users and BulkEdit just doesn't run.

I have spam, I want to remove it. I can delete the users but then I am stuck with the content. Is there a way to DELETE USER and CONTENT in one swift manner. I really don't want to go and select page after page.

There should be an easier way to do this :(.

Comments