Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Strange behaviour with PHP 7.2 and Vanilla 2.6.4 for various plugins

edited December 2018 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have PHP 7.2.11 installed on my machine and am running Vanilla 2.6.4.

I had a problem with displaying the dashboard (garbage link below showing on the screen) and narrowed that down to it not liking the Vanilla Statistics plugin so disabled that.

I seem to have a similar issue now with Flagging. When I go to the moderation page I get this garbage displayed at the top with flagging.php showing up within that garbage.

**�%�Zflagging.php�VmO�8�ί��@N���Bi���b9(wZ�ɴ��ؑ�,�V���n����HU{<���33��Eb�΄�,ag77W㋳���5k��K�'0�4� �P��%�n!lw�q�6N"���S'�=�txl9�*a%�����9����d+�|�&�u�*ٻ��hc���h�����!��[{ښ�#s�ˢ��߀m�.��?� ����,�i���:�ndIN��ڛ�Zf|�V!���į5���u�I�����Q���ť~Vɻ:����D�CH�n?6���J�R|2�������x����\�48A��6-�%�Y��ua�\��z�� **

I went into plugins to disable the flagging plugin which appeared to work but now when I click on the moderation link the URL points at https://myURL/plugin/flagging and I can't get that screen to appear at all which I assume is because it doesn't like the fact I've switched flagging off.

Any ideas why that PHP routine would appear corrupt at all? I've had a good search around and can't find similar behaviour like it anywhere else so am puzzled at the moment

Comments

• Options
    RiverRiver MVP
    edited December 2018

@PaulButler said:
    I have PHP 7.2.11 installed on my machine and am running Vanilla 2.6.4.

I had a problem with displaying the dashboard (garbage link below showing on the screen) and narrowed that down to it not liking the Vanilla Statistics plugin so disabled that.

I seem to have a similar issue now with Flagging. When I go to the moderation page I get this garbage displayed at the top with flagging.php showing up within that garbage.

**�%�Zflagging.php�VmO�8�ί��@N���Bi���b9(wZ�ɴ��ؑ�,�V���n����HU{<���33��Eb�΄�,ag77W㋳���5k��K�'0�4� �P��%�n!lw�q�6N"���S'�=�txl9�*a%�����9����d+�|�&�u�*ٻ��hc���h�����!��[{ښ�#s�ˢ��߀m�.��?� ����,�i���:�ndIN��ڛ�Zf|�V!���į5���u�I�����Q���ť~Vɻ:����D�CH�n?6���J�R|2�������x����\�48A��6-�%�Y��ua�\��z�� **

I went into plugins to disable the flagging plugin which appeared to work but now when I click on the moderation link the URL points at https://myURL/plugin/flagging and I can't get that screen to appear at all which I assume is because it doesn't like the fact I've switched flagging off.

Any ideas why that PHP routine would appear corrupt at all? I've had a good search around and can't find similar behaviour like it anywhere else so am puzzled at the moment

perhaps multibyte configuration with php is not set correctly.

http://php.net/manual/en/mbstring.installation.php

https://www.interserver.net/tips/kb/what-is-mbstring-and-how-to-enable/

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• Options

I have also the same PHP 7.2.11 installed on my machine and am running Vanilla 2.6.4.

I had an issue with showing the dashboard (trash interface beneath appearing on the screen) and limited that down to disliking the Vanilla Statistics module so handicapped that. 

I appear to have a comparable issue now with Flagging. At the point when I go to the balance page I get this trash showed at the top with flagging.php appearing inside that trash. 

**�%�Zflagging.php�VmO�8�ί��@N���Bi���b9(wZ�ɴ��ؑ�,�V���n���� I went into modules to impair the hailing module which seemed to work however now when I click on the balance connect the URL focuses at https://myURL/module/hailing and I can't understand that screen to show up at all which I accept that is on the grounds that it doesn't care for the reality I've turned hailing off. 

Any thoughts why that PHP routine would seem degenerate by any stretch of the imagination? I've had a decent hunt around and can't discover comparative conduct like it anyplace else so am baffled right now 

maybe multibyte design with php isn't set effectively.

• Options
    edited May 2021

Any thoughts on why that PHP routine would seem degenerate by any stretch of the imagination? I've had a decent hunt around and can't discover comparative conduct like anyplace else so am baffled right now.

Any solution I'm still looking for that. Had an issue but now again it's accruing.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

PHP 7.2 is out of support for years and Vanilla 2.6.4 has known security issues. You should invest your time in upgrading, not in fixing an installation that can be captured any time

• Options

Okay, Thank you I upgraded and the Issue Was fixed. All of that is only the solution was upgradation so it had done it....