Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

After February 6, this site will no longer have Facebook, Twitter, or OpenID sign-in options. Read our announcement about social media SSO support in 2.8 for more info.

Make sure you have a current, valid email address set in your profile and set a password so you can login without it. If you get locked out after that time, you can choose "Forgot Password" to fix it as long as a valid email is on your account.

Fatal Error in PHP.slugify(); when trying to reach /dashboard/settings/branding/

I upgraded from 2.3 to 2.6, and my dashboard would not work at all, at first.

I cleared the cache and tried a bunch of other ideas I found on the forum.

Most of it works now, except when I click on the Settings tab in the dashboard. I get this error message:

Can someone help me figure out how to fix this?

Fatal Error in PHP.slugify();
Call to undefined function iconv()
The error occurred on or near: /home/******/public_html/forum/library/core/functions.general.php

4002: // replace non letter or digits by -

4003: $text = preg_replace('/[^\pL\d]+/u', '-', $text);

4004:

4005: // transliterate

4006: $text = iconv('utf-8', 'us-ascii//TRANSLIT', $text);

4007:

4008: // remove unwanted characters

4009: $text = preg_replace('/[^-\w]+/', '', $text);

4010:

Backtrace:

[/home/******/public_html/forum/library/core/class.form.php:786] PHP::slugify();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/applications/dashboard/views/modules/configuration.php:78] Gdn_Form->imageUploadPreview();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/library/core/class.module.php:130] PHP::include();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/library/core/class.module.php:281] Gdn_Module->fetchView();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/library/core/class.module.php:258] Gdn_Module->toString();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/applications/dashboard/views/settings/branding.php:9] Gdn_Module->render();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/library/core/class.controller.php:718] PHP::include();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/library/core/class.controller.php:1319] Gdn_Controller->fetchView();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/library/core/class.pluggable.php:210] Gdn_Controller->xRender();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.settingscontroller.php:554] Gdn_Pluggable->__call();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:845] SettingsController->branding();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:274] Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatchController();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/index.php:29] Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch();

Need Help?

If you are a user of this website, you can report this message to a website administrator.

If you are an administrator of this website, you can get help at the Vanilla Community Forums.
Additional information for support personnel:

Application: Vanilla
Application Version: 2.6.4
PHP Version: 7.0.32
Operating System: Linux
Server Software: Apache
Referer: https://www.northernwinorml.org/forum/dashboard/user
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:63.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/63.0
Request Uri: /forum/dashboard/settings/branding
Controller: PHP
Method: slugify

Comments

• R_JR_J Cheerleader & Troubleshooter Munich Moderator

I guess the key sentence is this: "Call to undefined function iconv()" you should enable the PHP extension iconv

Also I would recommend to move to a higher PHP version. I start being suspicious of PHP7.0...