Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Fatal Error in PHP.slugify(); when trying to reach /dashboard/settings/branding/

I upgraded from 2.3 to 2.6, and my dashboard would not work at all, at first.

I cleared the cache and tried a bunch of other ideas I found on the forum.

Most of it works now, except when I click on the Settings tab in the dashboard. I get this error message:

Can someone help me figure out how to fix this?

Fatal Error in PHP.slugify();
Call to undefined function iconv()
The error occurred on or near: /home/******/public_html/forum/library/core/functions.general.php

4002: // replace non letter or digits by -

4003: $text = preg_replace('/[^\pL\d]+/u', '-', $text);

4004:

4005: // transliterate

4006: $text = iconv('utf-8', 'us-ascii//TRANSLIT', $text);

4007:

4008: // remove unwanted characters

4009: $text = preg_replace('/[^-\w]+/', '', $text);

4010:

Backtrace:

[/home/******/public_html/forum/library/core/class.form.php:786] PHP::slugify();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/applications/dashboard/views/modules/configuration.php:78] Gdn_Form->imageUploadPreview();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/library/core/class.module.php:130] PHP::include();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/library/core/class.module.php:281] Gdn_Module->fetchView();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/library/core/class.module.php:258] Gdn_Module->toString();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/applications/dashboard/views/settings/branding.php:9] Gdn_Module->render();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/library/core/class.controller.php:718] PHP::include();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/library/core/class.controller.php:1319] Gdn_Controller->fetchView();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/library/core/class.pluggable.php:210] Gdn_Controller->xRender();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.settingscontroller.php:554] Gdn_Pluggable->__call();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:845] SettingsController->branding();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:274] Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatchController();

[/home/******/public_html/forum/index.php:29] Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch();

Need Help?

If you are a user of this website, you can report this message to a website administrator.

If you are an administrator of this website, you can get help at the Vanilla Community Forums.
Additional information for support personnel:

Application: Vanilla
Application Version: 2.6.4
PHP Version: 7.0.32
Operating System: Linux
Server Software: Apache
Referer: https://www.northernwinorml.org/forum/dashboard/user
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:63.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/63.0
Request Uri: /forum/dashboard/settings/branding
Controller: PHP
Method: slugify

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I guess the key sentence is this: "Call to undefined function iconv()" you should enable the PHP extension iconv

Also I would recommend to move to a higher PHP version. I start being suspicious of PHP7.0...