Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

URL being redacted when editing the title of a forum discussion

I often need to change the title (heading) of various threads, just to make them understandable to others visitors. The URL of these threads then changes to community.XXX.com//redacted. How can I stop this behavior?

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

That's not a Vanilla "feature". If I do a full text search in my installation for "reducted", I get no results. And if I edit the title, nothing changes. Therefore it must be something special on your side.

• Hi @R_J, thanks. It actually says "redacted" (not reducted). Please see here: https://community.xyz.de/redacted .

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@chrlew

That link doesn't work.

I often edit titles in my forums, and have not seen this behaviour.

As a guest, I see it as expected:

I suspect this may be something which only admins see, although I don't know what would cause that, as it doesn't happen on my forums.

Try logging in as an ordinary member.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@chrlew said:
    Hi @R_J, thanks. It actually says "redacted" (not reducted). Please see here: https://community.xyz.de/redacted .

I searched for redacted, but wrote reducted - blöder Schreibfehler...

This is only the support forum for the self hosted version of Vanilla. You seem to be a paying customer. You can get help from support@vanillaforums.com

• @whu606, thanks, but I cannot confirm this. When accessing this particular forum page (either with a simple member login OR not being logged in at all), the URL always gets redacted here.

edited January 2019

@chrlew

Try it via a private/incognito window, to see if it is a cache issue.

I've registered, and logged in, as you can see, and it looks fine.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@R_J said:
    This is only the support forum for the self hosted version of Vanilla. You seem to be a paying customer. You can get help from support@vanillaforums.com

Thanks for the heads up. I alerted support.

FWIW, I have no idea what 'redacted' is, either.

• Thank you @R_J, thank you @Linc. So, shall I directly contact support@vanillaforums.com?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Yes.

• AndrewAndrew Vanilla Support Team Lead Asheville, NC Vanilla Staff

@chrlew said:
    Thank you @R_J, thank you @Linc. So, shall I directly contact support@vanillaforums.com?

Feel free to reach out to support@vanillaforums.com or your CSM for anything like this! We're happy to help!