Vanilla 2.8 is now available
- Keystone Theme is now available and will be the default for new installs. It is fully responsive and brings a fresh new look to Vanilla.
- Rich Text Editor is now available and will be the default for new installs. It brings a best-of-class writing experience to Vanilla.
- The addons Akismet, Pockets, and Hero Image are now in core. These tremendously popular addons are now available without extra work.
- The addons Button Bar and OpenID are deprecated. They have been moved out of core.
- The addon Debugger has been deleted. (The DebugBar addon replaces it and is newly open sourced, but is not in core.)
- Many medium-severity security issues reported via our HackerOne campaign are now resolved.
Instructions to install, upgrade, and troubleshoot Vanilla are linked in the README file included in the download.
For help troubleshooting, start a new discussion and include what steps you have already taken from our troubleshooting list.
This is the FINAL release that will support PHP 7.0. It is our policy to drop support for PHP versions that have ended security support (PHP 7.0 support ended in December), and thus our next version will require PHP 7.1. (Note that the current PHP version is now 7.3 and we strongly recommend upgrading to it.)
Support for Vanilla 2.6.x has now ended.