A little re-arrangemnet

charrondevcharrondev Application Developer (PHP, JS)Montreal Vanilla Staff

I've re-arranged the community a little bit. If you guys have any feedback I'm open to tweak things further. Here's what I've done.

• Switched category layout to "Modern".
  • Made category layout the homepage view.
  • Added heading categories.

Let me know what you think

Comments

• R_JR_J Cheerleader & Troubleshooter Munich Moderator

I always found recent discussions to be the best approach to a forum you know and the categories to a forum you do not know. Therefore I'd prefer to see /discussions as homepage here 😉

whu606Lorenzo_Prn
  • charrondevcharrondev Application Developer (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff
    edited June 11

Yeah, I can definitely see the reasoning there. I'm quite familiar with the community and think the /discussions page is the best place for me as well.

I was trying to consider the community from the perspective of new people/guests though. Guests tend to outnumber signed in users here by ~10/1 in the analytics. I was thinking it might be easier to get into the forum with it flipped the other way.

R_J
  • whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... Moderator

From a moderation pov discussions is far preferable as a default, since I go through new discussions/comments, so if it were possible to set personal preferences, that would be handy.

• charrondevcharrondev Application Developer (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff

Sounds like a good idea! I'll see if I can get that running, and if not, I'll make a new version for selecting it. It probably wouldn't be more than 20-30 lines of code.

R_Jwhu606Shadowdare