Vanilla 3.2 is now available
Missed the 3.1 release? Check out the upgrade & release notes here.
Release notes are going to be a little minimal, this go around! So, without further ado...
- Add React-based embed system vanilla/vanilla#8911 Embedded content gets a major facelift!
- Update OAuth2 addon to be OIDC compliant vanilla/vanilla#9027 This may be a breaking change if your OAuth 2.0 provider is not also OIDC compliant.
- Fix category validation when moving a discussion vanilla/vanilla#9058
- Fix toggling verified status on user profile not properly refreshing vanilla/vanilla#9074
- Fix slow pruning of access token tables with a high number of rows vanilla/vanilla#9075
- Fix changing window hash sometimes causing infinite loop vanilla/vanilla#9112
- Fix moderation queue alignment on mobile vanilla/vanilla#9081
- Add re-orienting of images uploaded with media API vanilla/vanilla#9116
- Add new mobile dropdown style vanilla/vanilla#9160
- Fix rendering rich posts with empty bodies vanilla/vanilla#9171
- Fix Emoji support for Windows vanilla/vanilla#9173
- Update padding in Message component flexible vanilla/vanilla#9179
- Add route instance caching to RouteHandler vanilla/vanilla#9183
- Update user content list styles vanilla/vanilla#9184
- Update error reporting to include E_USER_WARNING vanilla/vanilla#9201
It is now possible to add alternative text to images in Rich Editor. When selecting images in Rich Editor a button will appear next to allowing this text to customized.
Alternative text is primarily used to improve SEO and make images accessible to users with vision impairment.
Improved Mention Sorting
While attempting to mention a user, suggested results now have improved sorting. Users that have been active in the last 90 days will be prioritized above users that have not been recently active.
Additionally matching of exact accents is now given high priority than matching of exact casing-sensitivity. For example, if typing mention with the text
sté , the user "Stéphane" would be ranked as a better suggestions than "steven" if both users existed.
Embedded content rendering warnings
Some users configure their browser to block external scripts & sites. Sometimes this can interfere with the rendering of various rich/auto embeds. 1 commonly blocked embed is twitter. Starting in this release, if an embed fails to render due to a user's browser configuration, they will be shown a warning icon next to the link.
If they click on this warning icon they will be taken to an FAQ page explaining the issue. The embed will still render normally for other users.
Other Editor Fixes/Changes
- When inserting an embed (such as a quote or image), the user's cursor is now automatically placed after the embed.
- It is on longer possible for the editor to get "stuck" with an embed at the end of the post. Clicking after the embed will always ensure the cursor is placed after it. #7597
- Notifications are now sent for users to users when a Rich Quote is created of one of their discussions/comments. It is essentially treated as a mention. #9066
- Update the mention toolbar to prioritize users that have been active in the last 90 days. #5936
- Fix various edge cases when typing enter while inside of a list. #9026, #8684
- Fix performance issues while creating and editing posts in certain browsers. #9051We will continue to monitor Rich Editor performance across different browsers.
- Fix scroll position jumping to the top of the page while creating a link. #9060
- Fix incorrect Rich Posts rendering in the Warnings & Notes plugins. #8404
- Fix a bug where sometimes creating a mention crashes the Rich Editor. support#590
- Fix incorrect positioning of the Rich editor paragraph formatting on the first line. knowledge#1137
- Improve styling of list elements (especially nested lists) with rich editor. vanilla#8985
- Fix emoji rendering in the Rich Editor emoji picker on windows machines. vanilla#9143
- Fix possible request forgery using Facebook Social Connect sharing
- Fix invitation codes not expiring after use
- Fix users being able to dismiss a non-dismissable message
- Fix passing post URL in request when flagging a post
- Fix enumeration via user availability endpoints in private communities
- Fix ability to send invitations when site not configured for invitation registration
- Fix category validation in embedded comment posts
- Fix ability to manually set ID when creating an invitation
- Fix quote folding settings not requiring authenticated postback
Get it over in the addon directory. https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/vanilla-core-3.2