HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Advanced Search in this forum

Hello, when you click on the Magnifing Glass icon in the search bar in this forum, it brings up a search page.

When you click on the down arrow, it brings up custom / advanced search options.

Can anyone tell me how to enable this? Is it a custom plug-in?

Donovan

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

It's a feature of the hosted version and not available for OS. The closest thing would be Sphinx Search

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    • VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • For the FilteredForumSearch plugin, I saw some mention of a required plugin "Q&A"... Is it worth it to install the Q&A plugin just to use this plugin? Anybody have a working example of the live FilteredForumSearch plugin?

For Sphinx.. their "live demo" link is broken and the plugin hasn't been updated in awhile.. anyone using it where I could see an example? https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/search?Search=search

Always trying to go open source if possible.

Thanks for the suggestions, D

• Hi,

It looks like Robert Space Industries (RSI) moved away from Vanilla Forums - I think at least by looking at their new forum. This is why the live demo site is now broken. They used to keep their old forum alive until somewhat recently. I did have someone contact me a few months ago indicating that it worked for them running the latest Vanilla version.