HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

My forum is down 2.1?

13»

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Sorry for not being clear. I'm just referencing the above files because in theory you can read how your database should be structured. But to be perfectly clear: you do not have to change any file. All described actions must be done in the database (with the help of phpMyAdmin).

I was just showing the code so that you can see which type the column needs to have, which columns are defined the same way so that you can compare them to be sure you did the right thing and to give you a hint how to proceed when you have similar problems after creating one column. It might be that you need to create several rows and it would be more productive if you can tell by looking at the files what you need to do in the database. If you have to wait until I answer, that update process might take weeks ;-)

• Options

Ok Thanks RJ,

Ok, I think I am starting to understand this, which is scary, so I need to add the columns the are not in the database so the columns in this graphic you sent:

$Construct->primaryKey('CategoryID')
       ->column('ParentCategoryID', 'int', true, 'key')
       ->column('TreeLeft', 'int', true)
       ->column('TreeRight', 'int', true)
       ->column('Depth', 'int', '0')
       ->column('CountCategories', 'int', '0')
       ->column('CountDiscussions', 'int', '0')
       ->column('CountAllDiscussions', 'int', '0')
       ->column('CountComments', 'int', '0')
       ->column('CountAllComments', 'int', '0')
       ->column('LastCategoryID', 'int', '0')

match the columns if the sql database down to LastCatagoryID? I should have the columns above in the the database? Correct. And do i use the int values in the graphic above when building the columns. I ask that since you mentioned to use Int(11) for LastCatagoryID and the graphic above is show "0"

Am I anywhere near correct on this?

You are one patient fellow!!!!

Dan

• Options

Thanks to the community for all the help! Particularly RJ who is unbelievably patient. A real asset to the community. I am up and running and really like the upgrade!

Dan