Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

can we make it an option to just stay logged in all the time?

2»

Comments

• Options
    wtf @ 3 posts that make no sense
  • Options
    it makes perfect sense drunk boy
  • Options
    hmmm imma just deal with it i guess :/
  • Options
    man i came off looking like a dick all of a sudden, sorry dudes :(
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Jeff, answer this : when's the last time yayhooray even got an update? and where the hell is my theme editor they promised over a year ago :)
  • Options
    lech i'm just saying, just because it's incomplete doesn't mean it's wrong? as a developer, i know it's possible, outside of browser preferences. I was wondering about integrating it as a choice into vanilla and let me say this before i come off like too much of a dick, vanilla is pretty much the best forum/community freeware i've ever messed with... it's css/xhtml compatibility alone make it kick everyone else's ass.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    simply saying it's incomplete, but we're not there, we're here so I'll drop it now :)
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I haven't set any session time limits in Vanilla. Session time limits are set by php in your php.ini. I'm aware that you can probably override that setting through code, but I figured that the half hour was enough. If you check the "Remember me" box on sign-in, it *should* save some credentials in a cookie so that if you look at Vanilla and you don't have an active session, it will validate your cookie credentials and re-sign you in automatically. Sometimes cookies fuck up and get garbled. Most of the time they just work. I don't do anything fancy with my cookies. It's a straight up php-core function call to save or retrieve a cookie. I've literally spent months working on cookie issues in the past, and I've never been able to lock down why they fuck up sometimes and don't fuck up other times. Furthermore, I've never had them fuck up so bad that wiping all of my cookies didn't fix the problem. I almost don't believe it at this point when people tell me that didn't help them when they did it. FLC said: "I'm only logged out if I sign in on my laptop and vise versa on desktop". That is by design.
This discussion has been closed.