Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Upgrade & Upcoming Release

Comments

• Options
    i just installed the forum recently but it's not live, so should i just wipe my db tables and wait for 0.9.2 for a fresh reinstall?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I'd say it's definitely worth the wait for 0.9.2, yes.
  • Options
    lamentlament
    edited July 2005
    wrong thread.. nm. :)
  • Options
    nooooooo I just put my forum live after writing a php script to convert phpbb2 discussions to vanilla... and you say it's gonna be a bit involved to upgrade? doh! lol
  • Options

Dude, i'm rolling w/out any issues now for quite a while. I may just call the ball and not upgrade until I hit bumps in the road later down the line. If it ain't broke, yada yada...

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I seriously recommend doing this upgrade. There are some very major security holes that it fixes (related to permissions and who gets to see what). I just did the manual upgrade on three forums (following my own instructions in the upgrade.html file that will be coming along in the zip) and it took less than 15 minutes.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Oh, and patrix - it shouldn't adversely affect your import. There is only a minor change to the database (one field addition and the default value is just fine).
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    The new version was just uploaded and is now available for those who want it :)
  • Options
    lamentlament
    edited July 2005
    in looking at the installer.php file, it looks like i can just run the new installer.php and it will overwrite everything (which is nothing basically for my current setup) in the db corrrect?
  • Options
    last time i did it it wouldnt auto install with an existing database there - unless mark's changed it you'll have to remove that by hand first
  • Options
    yup i didn't read further.. removing them manually now.
  • Options
    awesome, nav... upgrade went totally smoothly for me. thanks again.
  • Options

allright, you talked me into it.

• Options
    go for it. the security fixes alone are worth it.
  • Options
    A few things I noticed: Though it allows icons larger than 32x32 now, the Account>Personal Information page still says you're limited to 32x32. Additionally, it seems to have broken user icons on my forum entirely. (Though I'm still the only user of my forum, so my sample size is not large...) In Role settings, the "CanViewIpAddresses" needs to be prettied up.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Scottish - did you do a manual upgrade? CanViewIpAddresses was one of the additions to the language file. Maybe you didn't copy that definition over.
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Ahyup, sill me. Thanks :) One other thing I'm a little confused about... I mean no offense to anyone, but why is HTML not being fully capitalized anywhere in the app? Sorry if this was talked about somewhere else, but I searched and coudn't come up with anything. On a related note, how about getting it <acronym>ed everywhere? And BBCode <abbr>eviated? Is that something that can be coded once and have it show up everywhere? Or a simple search-and-replace on the whole app?
  • Options

My users' icons look like screwy now, too. They're basically zoomed in instead of resized now. How can I revert back to the way things were?

• Options
    plus they only show up in the vanilla stylesheet
  • Options
    well that was painless, haven't seen any snafus so far! wooohoo!
This discussion has been closed.