Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Upgrade & Upcoming Release

13»

Comments

• Options
    "Though it allows icons larger than 32x32 now, the Account>Personal Information page still says you're limited to 32x32. Additionally, it seems to have broken user icons on my forum entirely. (Though I'm still the only user of my forum, so my sample size is not large...)" Exactly, I was wondering the same thing...
  • Options
    no it says it will be resized to 32x32.

"You can enter any valid URL to an image here, such as: http://www.mywebsite.com/myicon.jpg Your icon will appear next to your name in discussion comments and on your account page. Your icon will be automatically resized to 32 pixels wide by 32 pixels high."
  • Options
    So when the docs says "Icons are no longer fixed at 32px by 32px" that means that its going to resize everything to 32x32? That would make more sense if that feature was not already there in the last release.
  • Options
    lamentlament
    edited July 2005
    i think for the users setting up a forum, he has "Icons are no longer fixed at 32px by 32px", but for the end user, what I posted above will make them understand that you can put any size you want, but ultimately it gets resized.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    View your source and see why the images aren't showing up. Is there something wrong with the url? (it's done in a style tag, now).
  • Options
    I guess it was a caching issue with the stylesheet, or something. Works now. But the thing with the icon sizes is still a bit confusing... if it's larger than 32x32 now it crops it? When I had a larger icon in there it centered it and cut off the excess. The instructions on the Account>Personal Information page could be made clearer.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Yeah - I changed the functionality due to user request, and I forgot to change the notes in the language file. My bad.
  • Options
    It's okay, I'm just pointing it out so we can make it better for everybody :D
This discussion has been closed.