Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Error Rendering Atom Feed

bradybrady New
edited July 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help

A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred

Error Message: An error occurred while retrieving the feed.
Affected Elements: Feed.GetData();

The error occurred on or near:
You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'on d.FirstCommentID = fc.CommentID left join LUM_User u on d.AuthUserID = u.User' at line 1

Comments

• Options
    yes yes there is a thread about this already. are you guys submitting these bugs using the bug report form? http://lussumo.com/community/bugreport.php
  • Options

did now

• Options
    excellent... it makes it alot easier for mark to track and address the bugs that way :D
  • Options
    Just a note on that, here's the error message that was displayed:

A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred
    Technical information (for support personel):
    Error Message: An error occurred while retrieving the feed.
    Affected Elements: Feed.GetData();

The error occurred on or near:
    You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'on d.FirstCommentID = fc.CommentID left join LUM_User u on d.AuthUserID = u.User' at line 1
    For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/support

The user will likely follow the path given. So, the link provided was to the forum, and in my morning zombie state just followed the link and created a post. If possible, it may be worth making such error messages display a link to the bug report page.

But, of course, I'm sure Mark doesn't want bug reports for every user error found, as help could be on the forums.

Hopefully Mark can finish the docs soon so some of us that have been around for a while can fix our own bugs or help others. This has got to be tons of unpaid work that's continually snowballing on him.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    For the record - does the atom feed work for ANYONE? I'm dumbfounded by this error. I uploaded and tested the atom feed manually to two different servers, and it works just fine.
  • Options
    the feed works for me in safari 2.0 using the browsers internal reader.

not sure if the data it is giving me is correct or not, but it works.
  • Options
    ahh, yeah, it looks like it's giving me all the threads
  • Options
    does it have anything to do with login credentials?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited July 2005
    Okay, I need for someone who is getting the error to go to line 186 of feeds/index.php and change it from this:

$s->AddLimit(0, agDISCUSSIONS_PER_FEED);

to this:

$s->AddLimit(0, agDISCUSSIONS_PER_FEED); echo($s->GetSelect()); die();

Then referesh the page and copy out the entire sql statement and paste it here so we can see what happened.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited July 2005
    and ithcy, no - it shouldn't have anything to do with your credentials. It's choking on a different sql statement - but we'll see, I guess.
  • Options
    ithcyithcy New
    edited July 2005
    select d.DiscussionID, d.CategoryID, d.AuthUserID, d.Name, d.DateCreated, d.DateLastActive, d.CountComments, fc.Body, u.Name as AuthUsername, c.Name as Category from LUM_Discussion d join LUM_Comment fc on d.FirstCommentID = fc.CommentID left join LUM_User u on d.AuthUserID = u.UserID left join LUM_Category c on d.CategoryID = c.CategoryID left join LUM_CategoryRoleBlock crb on d.CategoryID = crb.CategoryID and crb.RoleID = 6 left join LUM_CategoryBlock cb on d.CategoryID = cb.CategoryID and cb.UserID = 1 where coalesce(crb.Blocked, 0) = 0 and d.Active = '1' and coalesce(cb.Blocked,0) <> '1' and (d.AuthUserID = 1 or d.WhisperUserID = 1 or d.WhisperUserID = '0' ) group by d.DiscussionID order by d.DateLastActive desc limit 0, 20
  • Options
    can you omit AS?
  • Options
    ithcyithcy New
    edited July 2005
    i mean shouldn't
    from LUM_Discussion d join LUM_Comment fc
    be
    from LUM_Discussion as d left join LUM_Comment as fc
  • Options
    bradybrady New
    edited July 2005
    Mine looks the same as ithcy's: select d.DiscussionID, d.CategoryID, d.AuthUserID, d.Name, d.DateCreated, d.DateLastActive, d.CountComments, fc.Body, u.Name as AuthUsername, c.Name as Category from LUM_Discussion d join LUM_Comment fc on d.FirstCommentID = fc.CommentID left join LUM_User u on d.AuthUserID = u.UserID left join LUM_Category c on d.CategoryID = c.CategoryID left join LUM_CategoryRoleBlock crb on d.CategoryID = crb.CategoryID and crb.RoleID = 6 left join LUM_CategoryBlock cb on d.CategoryID = cb.CategoryID and cb.UserID = 2 where coalesce(crb.Blocked, 0) = 0 and d.Active = '1' and coalesce(cb.Blocked,0) <> '1' and (d.AuthUserID = 2 or d.WhisperUserID = 2 or d.WhisperUserID = '0' ) group by d.DiscussionID order by d.DateLastActive desc limit 0, 20
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited July 2005
    Okay, what version of mysql are you guys running? Can you try running that query directly on your database and see what happens?
  • Options
    MySQL 4.0.24-standard
  • Options
    the query returns results when run directly. also the feed works in sage. let me see what reader my users were using when they got the error. one thing: the feeds appear to hardlink to "/vanilla" ?
  • Options
    MySQL 3.23.58 (Yeesh) Error: SELECT d.DiscussionID, d.CategoryID, d.AuthUserID, d.Name, d.DateCreated, d.DateLastActive, d.CountComments, fc.Body, u.Name AS AuthUsername, c.Name AS Category FROM LUM_Discussion d JOIN LUM_Comment fc ON d.FirstCommentID = fc.CommentID LEFT JOIN LUM_User u ON d.AuthUserID = u.UserID LEFT JOIN LUM_Category c ON d.CategoryID = c.CategoryID LEFT JOIN LUM_CategoryRoleBlock crb ON d.CategoryID = crb.CategoryID AND crb.RoleID =6 LEFT JOIN LUM_CategoryBlock cb ON d.CategoryID = cb.CategoryID AND cb.UserID =2 WHERE coalesce( crb.Blocked, 0 ) =0 AND d.Active = '1' AND coalesce( cb.Blocked, 0 ) <> '1' AND ( d.AuthUserID =2 OR d.WhisperUserID =2 OR d.WhisperUserID = '0' ) GROUP BY d.DiscussionID ORDER BY d.DateLastActive DESC LIMIT 0 , 20 MySQL said: #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ON d.FirstCommentID = fc.CommentID LEFT JOIN LUM_User u ON d.AuthUserID = u.Use' at line 3
  • Options
    lamentlament
    edited July 2005
    works fine for me as a Firefox live bookmark.. and it would be great if could show up as a live bookmark link with a:

link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml"

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited July 2005
    ithcy - the feeds shouldn't hard-link to anything. I always use the values defined in your settings.php file. Check out Settings > application settings to see what you have defined as your "Web-path to Vanilla". brady - try changing that "JOIN LUM_Comment" to an "INNER JOIN LUM_Comment" and see if that helps.
This discussion has been closed.