Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Error Rendering Atom Feed

Comments

• Options
    yeah, that was my bad, nav, i missed it on the upgrade.
    so my user goofed. he was using feed demon which doesn't support atom 1.0 yet, so it was throwing a different error.

it's working for everyone else in the forum. must be a mysql 3 vs. 4 thing.
  • Options

You're good - that worked in my phpmyadmin. Now, I guess the question is where can I can change that in the code on my site?

• Options
    ithcyithcy New
    edited July 2005
    //
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I'll make a fix and upload a minor version upgrade... give me a few minutes...
  • Options

thx Mark!

• Options
    one other thing - it appears to pull all latest threads, whether or not the user has read them - is that right?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Okay, go ahead and re-download the app from getvanilla.com. the fix should be in there. Please let me know that it worked :) ithcy - Yeah, it just pulls all of the latest threads (ie. ordered by most recently active). there has been talk of altering the feed so you can filter to specific categories. Neat idea, methinks.
  • Options
    how many files were changed on this? can we just edit 1 file?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Yeah - just change the feeds/index.php file and you should be good.
  • Options
    I changed the feeds/index.php and it worked like a charm! I'm using mysql 3.23.... time to upgrade, I guess. Thanks very much!!
  • Options
    i agree, neat idea

thanks for the fix... still works on mysql 4.0.24
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Cheers :)
  • Options
    lamentlament
    edited July 2005
    sorry, which line and what am I changing in feeds/index.php?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Just re-download the entire application from getvanilla.com. Then take the new feeds/index.php file and replace your existing one.
  • Options
    ithcyithcy New
    edited July 2005
    sorry to keep bumping.. but wouldn't it make sense to feed the last comments from the latest threads rather than the first comments from those threads?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I don't know. I'm open to suggestions. Majority rules.
  • Options

success!

• Options
    or just making "recent activity" and "recent threads" feeds?
  • Options
    Personally, I like the feed the way it is... I want readers subscribed to the feed to see the latest discussion topic and an excerpt giving them an idea of what it's about.
  • Options
    lamentlament
    edited July 2005
    "Personally, I like the feed the way it is... I want readers subscribed to the feed to see the latest discussion topic and an excerpt giving them an idea of what it's about."

i'm thinking extension?
This discussion has been closed.