Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

broken install / database(?) bug

2»

Comments

• It shouldnt make a difference but i seem to remember having some difficulties - who's the owner of the files?
  • i just checked, my userID is the owner everywhere.
  • hmm. That should be alright, i'd suggest try changing the owner to the web user but there shouldnt be any need and if you dont root access it could be hard getting ownership back.
  • when i try to add a new category, this happens: Notice: session_start() [function.session-start]: ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/tmp) failed: Permission denied (13) in Vanilla.Session.class.php on line 63 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at Vanilla.Session.class.php:63) in settings.php on line 330 (despite of this, the creation of the category was successful.)
  • Well the second error is a result of the first. As for the first, i'm not entirely sure what its attempting to do - i'll leave this one to mark. Looks to me like a problem with the www users permissions over the server in general.
  • "and if you dont root access it could be hard getting ownership back." this is a shared server, i have no commandline access at all, only FTP. my home directory is under /www/users/, that's all i see, nothing else.
  • Indeed. Whats bugging me is it failing on opening the /tmp dir - which suggests that the www-data user doesnt have such permission. Which is a little confusing but unless someone who actually knows what they're talking about has any better ideas i'd say its worth checking this with your host. (did i mention int0rw3b were awesome hosts?)
  • "Whats bugging me is it failing on opening the /tmp dir - which suggests that the www-data user doesnt have such permission." but it only comes occasionally - could that mean that the server is under heavy load? to be honest, it disturbs me more that i get that "lost network connection" EACH time i try to change the forum settings.
  • Thats also an issue - again i'd say check with your host. I've never heard of that error before.
  • i'll do. in the meantime i'll make those changes, which don't work over the GUI, manually. thanks for the help, anyway!
This discussion has been closed.