Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Thankful People 1.2

edited January 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Instead of having people post appreciation and thankyou notes they can simply click the thanks link and have their username appear under that post.

Download: Thankful People 1.2

Thanks to MySchizoBuddy for the idea :)

Changes version 1.2:
- Added "Thankyou history" to the account pages

Comments

• Jazz-the-machine-man. Schiz only suggested this 9 hours ago for crying out loud!
  • I get this messages when I enable: Could not save Attachments settings to configuration file!
  • dan39dan39 New
    edited December 2006
    That's an amazing turn-around. Nice work.. And a fantastic idea.

This actually gives me another idea.
  • @misery: oops.. I used the same text as my Attachment plugin :) Put it has to do with the fact that your configuration file isn't writeable by PHP.
  • @jazzman: sorry that was stupid, didn't realize that and have now fixed it. How can we change the order of which "thanks" appears on the list.. in other words right now it is number 1, before "edit".. I'd like it to to be at the end.
  • lol@preview image
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Nice one!

I should enable this on here...
  • edited December 2006
    I should enable this on here...
    Most definitely.
  • it doesn't seem to work on posts past the first page of threads... in other words, if you try to "thank" a post on page 2 of a thread, nothing happens
  • Hi!
    in other words, if you try to "thank" a post on page 2 of a thread, nothing happens
    I can confirm this, same for me!

Tiggr
  •  Quote: misery   get this messages when I enable: Could not save Attachments settings to configuration file!
    Which "configuration" file are we talking about?
    I still get the error.
  • Thanks jazzy :) just one more request. Allow people to add their own fields. So instead of thankful people, they can have Agreed by : Unagreed by: Something that can be used in Political forums etc. let the users decided what they want to use it for.
  • @MySchizoBuddy - that would be super-cool.
  • Nice add-on, this should be default! :)
  • This is great.. Maybe in Thankful People 2.0 we could have it add a counter to people's account page showing how many "thanks" they've gotten overall.
  • thats a pretty cool idea dan... does it work on interior pages for anyone?
  • I get this:

A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Technical information (for support personel): Error Message An error occurred while retrieving data. Affected Elements ThankfulPeople.CommentGrid_InitThankfulPeople(); The error occurred on or near: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'on tp.UserID = u.UserID where m.DiscussionID = '150' limit 0, 50' at line 1

What should I do? I'm using Vanilla 1.0.2 and VaneaBlack as a theme.
  • Update:

It's either a VaneaBlack issue, or its an issue with this server. I tested it on my other two installs (Default theme & Black & White).

How do I fix this?

- Garvin
  • Anyone?
  • @garvin: I just downloaded it and activated it. I switched my style to vaneablack. I haven't noticed any problems. Does that error happen when you activate the extension?
This discussion has been closed.