Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Anyone tried the Photoshop CS3 beta?

edited December 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm installing it as I type. Any given it a whirl? How was it?

Comments

• edited December 2006
    there are some videos (12 in total) of CS3 in action over at NAPP http://www.photoshopuser.com/?page=cs3/videos&video=interface_dc
  • It looks pretty nice. Does anyone know of any great features that would warrant a purchase? These last few versions seem to be really... similar. I run CS2 and enjoy it - though I am not a power user, I don't know all the ins and outs. I just use it for my website design and other design work I do. So, what great features are there?

~Achi
  • watch the videos i linked above. and u'll know what are the new features
  • Doh! There was more than one? *Runs to go watch the others* :p

~Achi
  • edited December 2006
    more CS3 videos from Lynda http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPage.asp?ID=327 the photomerge tool is awesome
  • Nice videos. I think I'll be getting the CS3 update when it's released.
  • I know I will for work. Can't wait for ID CS3...
  • Yes I have. And it is great. Much faster, takes less than half the time to start it. Cleaner and better interface, some new features also.
  • At the risk of sounding like a total n00b, how do shapes work in CS3? I can't get it to make one and stay. Anyone?
  • edited December 2006
    ur right. they changed it. it doesn't work like it worked in cs2. it no longer creates a layer of color and a shape mask. I cannot make a shape with color. it just shows the stroke no fill Wanderer any ideas
  • Um, you have to pay me for that answer! pic

Seriously, I don't have an Intel Mac to do this app justice just yet, maybe in the New Year.
  • Seriously, I don't have an Intel Mac to do this app justice just yet, maybe in the New Year.

Have you considered a Dell? :P
  •  Quote: giginger  Have you considered a Dell? :P
    @choke@@ ==vomit==
    Thanks mate, just the thing I wanted to read as I was having my muesli this morning! pic

pic
  • CS3 is killer fast on a macbook pro
  • It is so much faster, incredible. I like the new interface so much better.
  • yeah. the interface is so much better and it's smooth fast. it actually makes me like photoshop now.
  • Will you guys cut it out, it's difficult enough waiting for my MacBook Pro 'till after Christmas. pic
    Merry Christmas
  • Download for Macintosh (DMG, 685 MB)
    Download for Windows (EXE, 337 MB)

Just a simple question, I'm not pointing fingers or anything like that. But why is the Mac download so much bigger than the Windows one?
  • mac version is universal binary. meaning it is for both PPC and INtel ones. hence twice as big
  • Ahh. I can see the value in this, but I would still like them to *offer* the two separately ;)

Wonder how it performs on my old Mac Mini...
This discussion has been closed.