Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Recommended Linux Host?

2»

Comments

• I will throw in a neutral rating for PowerVPS. And really, the majority of my frustration comes from using DirectAdmin as a control panel. It makes it very difficult to set up custom Apache/PHP/MySql stacks that are different versions than they offer. A very weird way to do things. Not sure if CPanel is better or worse, but I'd opt for no control panel over a DA license and find an open source panel to install. PowerVPS has decent downtime, their support is so-so but usually manage to get it right in a few hours at least. The servers don't seem very speedy, and neither does the network connection. I regularly ping 60-70ms with nothing running in the background, and it times out quite often. Good luck running ruby on rails or figuring out how to make FastCGI not crash all the time. I'm not terribly disappointed since it's a development server, but I am not happy with it either. I will put it this way, it's at least better than 1&1, and it's worse than running my own server in my basement. I hope to test out some other options in the next few months, so I'll report if I find the perfect provider. My first test is probably going to be a shared-hybrid at MediaTemple, their new Grid Server plan. http://mediatemple.net/webhosting/gs/.
  • I eventually directed my client toward ServInt.
    The web app is in private alpha state, so it's to soon to post any comment but my first contact with support is really satisfying, they installed needed unstandard (YAZ) library in the day asked. So far so good.
This discussion has been closed.