Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Attachments + Inline Images display only filename

2»

Comments

• do u even have gd installed.

create a new php file
    put this in it
    <?php var_dump(gd_info()); ?>

put it on ur webserver and run it from ur browser.
    and paste he result here
  • array(12) { ["GD Version"]=> string(27) "bundled (2.0.28 compatible)" ["FreeType Support"]=> bool(true) ["FreeType Linkage"]=> string(13) "with freetype" ["T1Lib Support"]=> bool(false) ["GIF Read Support"]=> bool(true) ["GIF Create Support"]=> bool(true) ["JPG Support"]=> bool(true) ["PNG Support"]=> bool(true) ["WBMP Support"]=> bool(true) ["XPM Support"]=> bool(true) ["XBM Support"]=> bool(true) ["JIS-mapped Japanese Font Support"]=> bool(false) }
  • edited April 2007
    ok u have gd support
    What happens if u enter the url directly in the browser
    http://localhost/vanilla/extensions/InlineImages/image.php?AttachmentID=4

does it show the image
  • plus send me the images that ur uploading and they ain't working
  • edited April 2007
    Damn! I don't think this is ever gonna work for me... more and more things are getting messed up. Think I'll try FCKeditor (with the ability to upload images) and if that fails, we'll come back to this problem. I'm extremely grateful for your patience and help!
  • Ok, finally I could reproduce your error... now all I have to do is found out a solution :P
  • hi, i think i got a fix for this problem, as I've had it on my machine too (it's running CentOS)

I tried every solution that was suggested (trailing slash, moving %user_id%, changing folder, disabling headers, etc), funny thing is, that attachments work fine when inline images is disabled! Its very strange, like lipa, I was at my wits end, it drove me to get it working.

open 'extensions/InlineImages/image.php', find:

if( $Attachment ) { // Init variables $ImagePath = $Attachment->Path; ....
    then just after that, add:

header("location: ".str_replace($Configuration['APPLICATION_PATH'], "/", $ImagePath)); // exit; //not really sure if this is required, but I put it in on mine
    I know this is an ugly hack, but it worked a treat. Instead of reading in the image and possible resizing it, i simply redirect to it. Of course, this means that the JQThickBox extension cannot be used with it, nor the max image width, but if like me, you didn't need those anyway, then all is good.
  • I get the same problem with lipa,
    this is my gd_info
    array(12) { ["GD Version"]=> string(27) "bundled (2.0.28 compatible)" ["FreeType Support"]=> bool(true) ["FreeType Linkage"]=> string(13) "with freetype" ["T1Lib Support"]=> bool(false) ["GIF Read Support"]=> bool(true) ["GIF Create Support"]=> bool(true) ["JPG Support"]=> bool(true) ["PNG Support"]=> bool(true) ["WBMP Support"]=> bool(true) ["XPM Support"]=> bool(true) ["XBM Support"]=> bool(true) ["JIS-mapped Japanese Font Support"]=> bool(false) }

my image url is here:
    http://www.yeeshe.com/bbs/extensions/InlineImages/image.php?AttachmentID=2
  • didn't jazzman said he has been able to replicate the problem, he is going to fix it.
  • good news. thank you!
  • I picked up terrential2s fix and placed it at the bottom of image.php und image.jpg.php:

.. header("Content-Length: ".filesize($ImagePath)); @readfile($ImagePath); // fix header("location: ".str_replace($Configuration['APPLICATION_PATH'], "/", $ImagePath)); } ?>
    Works for me.
  • Update: Seems that caching won't work with this fixed method mentioned above. In addition to this, some thumbnails won't get loaded at times. But they remain clickable, and thickbox is working.
  • Does this work for you in IE Schuer? It only shows a small bit of the image for me, still clickable though but it's annoying that you can't see the whole thumbnail. Any ideas for a solution?
  • Seb, it is working in IE here. Really slow, but showing all of the thumbs in their full sizes.
    Caching would be great if anyone worked out how to fix the fix ;)
  • Yeah, got it working in IE too after some css-mods. Caching would realy be great.
  • Hi!
    First i'd like to thank you all for this nice software, and for a very nice and polite community!

I've been reading it a lot for a couple of days now, among other things trying to sort out the issue of this topics hedding, but I just can't get it to work...
    Of course tryed/checked all mentioned issues I could find. (and understand;)
    As Jazzman's above comment:
    Ok, finally I could reproduce your error... now all I have to do is found out a solution :P
    is quite old now, I thought I'd give it a shot and ask again:
    Any solution?

Of topic: Could you point me in right direction what to do with an already established language-pack that I have been editing? (better and more complete translation) I don't know any php, and I havent completely rewrote it, so I thought it did'nt qualify for a new upload?

Thanks!
  • Whould really have good use of letting our community members show pic's with their posts! Primally reguarding buy & sell posts. Are there any solution to lipa's (and mine) problems with this add-on yet? Jazzman? Would there be any other way to accomplish this? Any other add-on? Any help would be very appreciated!!
  • I am having this very problem with my attachments and inline images, I guess I should remove them all and start again
  • Sorry folks but can someone PLEASE send a screenshot of where this alleged "AttachmentID" is? My eyes are bleeding and I can't read any more posts and not find the answer to this one. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong but I'm now tired... Please help. :-\ TIA!