Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Add-On Request: DiscussionImage

13»

Comments

• Options
    the Discussion page won't have a discussion layout but rather a gallery layout

MySchizoBuddy, wouldn't this be easiest and most flexible via a new theme for themes/discussions.php and themes/discussion.php? Essentially you're just replacing a thread title and posting details with the image you've attached to the thread. That way people could make their own kind of discussion overviews ranging from bare-bone photoblog-type grid of photos to a list of items with pictures simply by using an appropriate theme.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    good point less work for me.then what i have to do?
  • Options
    I've not tried your existing add-on, but I presume it adds the discussion image as a delegate to the discussion list view. Here all you need to do is to make replacement files for themes/discussion.php and perhaps also themes/discussions.php and stick them in a subdirectory, e.g. /themes/galleryview/... . The discussions.php contains the top of the discussion page up to the opening <ol id="Discussions"> statement and from the closing </ol> to the end, i.e. everything up to and including pagination-nav and from the lower pagination-nav downwards. In between it calls discussion.php,looping through it for each discussion. discussion.php contains the description for a single discussion overview in the list and contains all the conditionals for if whispered, hidden, closed, read, bookmarked etc. You can clean out extra infos you don't need, hang your discussion onto a delegate, perhaps use your own css class names and style these to make a gallery-like grid.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    whats your take on possible category dependance. Will the whole forum be a gallery , or only certain categories. What to do the gallery categories in discussion view.
    Do we need a new Gallery tab for Gallery categories.
    what basic image editing tools are required. or not.
    Should the image in the gallery view be an automatic thumbnail for the actual one, or users should upload their own nicely cropped thumbnail for the gallery view.
    BTW any one knows if Gallery 2 allows comments?
    what can be a possible layout of Post.php to allows images.

I remember posting a mockup somehwere here, but since flickr is blocked where i live right now. I dunno what I made.
  • Options
    This sounds like a great mod. Can't wait to see it.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    When I tested this add-on, it conflicted with the DiscussionExcerpt add-on with an error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare discussiongrid_discussions() (previously declared in D:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\Vanilla.1\extensions\DiscussionExcerpt\default.php:78) in D:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\Vanilla.1\extensions\DiscussionImage\default.php on line 37
  • Options
    Aww, I was kinda hoping for an extension that displays a thumbnail next to the title and etc (so I like where it was heading before). Oh well... maybe some one with programming skills will make a fork of current code to give that ability.
  • Options
    bump, just wondering if anyone is planning on making an extension like the one rayk mentions?
  • Options
    Why would anyone be planning on making it if there hasn't been a post on this thread in months?
  • Options
    this is kind of interesting
  • Options
    Easily done, I get around this by adding a picture to the first item of the discussion.

That's the KISS principle!    Keep It Simple Stupid
  • Options
    /bump I'm still hoping someone is willing to take on this extension :3
  • Options
    Add-On Request: DiscussionImage # 29 by MySchizoBuddyDownload it here
    http://web.omnidrive.com/APIServer/public/0pAxaUIFdalV8jwZuTHR6OvM/DiscussionImage.zip
    It's not the full version I guess but this should help those who desperately want it.
  • Options
    can't seem to get that link to work, says Page Load Error : Connection Interrupted
  • Options
    works fine for me
  • Options
    fysicsluvr: can you put it on rapidshare or something?
  • Options
    I'll host it for a little while on the site I manage. (link to be whispered)
  • Options
    If anyone else is having similar problems, whisper me your email, and I'll send it to you when I get the chance!
This discussion has been closed.