Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla Rivals (Tournaments/Clans/Ladders)

13»

Comments

• Options
    I'd really like to use this extension to organise duel tournaments :( Using clan names as user names doesn't feel really accurate, its not easy for everyone to deal with it :/ It could be a great idea to be able to disable all the clan related features ! Or if it doesn't require too much work, it might be even better to have another simplified extension based on this one, especially designed for 1v1. Anyway, keep up the good work :)
  • Options
    Thats not possible at them moment. I'v tried to do what you asked of before, the code is just simply too incompatable for it to be used with clan and instead use users.
  • Options
    meh that's too bad :"( But dividing team oriented games from all the other ones doesn't sound like a bad idea to me, so what about another extension designed for individuals tournaments ? A small one, easy to setup, including only the bracket system for example. Given the fact that vanilla is designed for small communities, organising tiny duels amongst all the members would be really awesome :)
  • Options
    Wish I could but I simply dont have the time to do so at the moment. I only have time for the current one.
  • Options
    okay nevermind, I may try phptourney instead. Although it'll make a different user base, so I'm sure it will be troublesome to manage everything alone ;( Hm I may forget about organising little tourneys to concentrate on something else !
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I would have to strip a lot of code and rewrite even more of it to have one designed for "individuals" and not clans. Maybe ill consider it after the next release if I have time for it.

"Hm I may forget about organising little tourneys to concentrate on something else !"
    What do you mean by this? You can modify phptourny's code to use vanilla's userbase, or are you talking about making a extension out of it?
  • Options
    for individuals - can you make and use "Clans" of 1 person?
  • Options
    Yes that can be done.
  • Options
    can you give a little basic info on how to use this?

also, how would i make it so the clan option do not show up under the discussion page (the main page) and instead they would show up under their own unique page called something like vanillarivals
This discussion has been closed.