Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Board Statistics

Comments

• Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    gd extension?
  • Options
    nathan: that seems a bit redundant. an extension that would interface a library? or am i misunderstanding you?
  • Options
    not so much as interfcing a library, but shipping it in a different form. Not all hosting environments have the gd library installed, so if all REQUIRED gd functions were available in a gd extension, those who don't have it installed can tun it on, and provide all required functions for other 3rd party extensions that perform image handling. Drupal did it in its current release, as MANY people did not have it. They used it to minimes the dependencies (?spelling) on the installed php libraries.
  • Options
    minimise the dependancies* Sounds like a neat idea though if it would work.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    ok, that's what I thought you meant there nathan, I wasn't sure if you meant that as using an existing gd library that gets compiled with php or not. How large is this extension library and how does it compare to the original gd 1.0 or 2.0 in terms of functionality?
  • Options
    I started work on the stats extension. But I'm becoming more and more busy every day. I don't think I have time to work on it anymore. But I've got most of the SQL queries worked out if anyone's interested in picking up where I left off.
  • Options
    Send the queries to me at petepap@gmail.com and I'll see what I can do.. I won't make any promises that I will actually make the extension though.
  • Options
    email sent. sorry about the lag.
  • Options
    Tis' cool :) Thanks for that.
  • Options
    any updates on this? a stats exension would definitely go down well.
  • Options
    Sorry about that.. had a busy period, I'm actually getting stuck into it tonight.
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    ah cool. ;-)
  • Options
    ADMADM
    edited September 2005
    Ok I got into it and I got it working with just plain php code (ie not a part of Vanilla). I'm still quite abit confused on the whole extension variable coding that's used. Can anyone help me out? Basically I need the following to be done: I want there to be a Statistics tab on the top of the page (next to Account) and I want the statistics on a seperate page to the site. On the right/left menu I would like the Start a new discussion link and I guess that's it.. possibly the Who's Online module as well but since that's an extension it's pointless. So I want the main statistics to be included in the center/main body part. For the time being if someone could hook up one query to display I can do the rest.. here's a sample query to use: SELECT UserID, Name FROM LUM_User ORDER BY UserID DESC, DateFirstVisit DESC LIMIT 5 Which lists the newest 5 registered users.. in php I did it like this: $query = "SELECT UserID, Name FROM LUM_User ORDER BY UserID DESC, DateFirstVisit DESC LIMIT 5"; $result = mysql_query($query); while($stats=mysql_fetch_array($result)) { echo "$stats[Name] ($stats[UserID])<br />"; } Don't worry about the echo result.. it's just a temporary layout. If anyone could help me that would be great.
  • Options
    Ah... I really appreciate what you have done, but have you read the documentation? There are VERY detailed tutorials on how to add tabs and items to the panel (here the start new discussion is). if I have time, I'll try and get it done for you tonight, but I still suggest you have a look at the developer documentation if you are seriously considering making an extension for vanilla. You might find that some of the functionality you plan on including already exists.
  • Options
    as nathan says, tab adding is in the docs and is all relatively simple. One thing i dont think is documented, is how to make entire new pages? You might be able to pick it up by digging through the existing code but i dont think theres much help on it?
  • Options
    Yeah I couldn't find any help on making entire new pages or anything like that.. I tried looking through the other pages but I fail to really grasp the whole concept personally.
  • Options
    I have the pages. I totally forgot to email them to you. I apologize. To get the top tabs to work, you'll have to patch some code elsewhere, because I found a bug in that code. I think it was maybe one line difference. I can't remember.

I'll email you the rest of what I have when I get home tonight. Sorry about that.

Also, Vanilla includes a class called "SQLBuilder" which is very helpful with doing SQL stuff. If you're confused about it, take a look at the WhosOnline extension I wrote. It may or may not help out some.
  • Options
    any update on the progress? I'd love to get something like this to match what I'm pulling in an include using phpBB. [quote]The Gothamist Forum is a New York City bulletin board. (2776 posts, 1178 users, newest user peggativity) Relax...Rare Radio is coming to WBAI 11/5 Brooklyn History Fair Set For Nov. 5 Brooklyn Shuffle - Brazilian Girls, Wiley, Benji B and more! I, Dilettante call for submissions Shooting People and AIVF invite you to a Day of the Dead Par[/quote]
  • Options
    bump for this extension please.
  • Options
    Yes, I'm also interested in this.
This discussion has been closed.