Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product

Ready to contribute?

Amazing! Sign our contributors' agreement and then join us on GitHub.

Update for critical security issue in PHPMailer included in release Vanilla 2.3.1
Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.

Automatic notify for discussions

RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
edited November 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
If someone starts a new discussion or makes a new post, I would like them to be sent an email anytime that post is replied to with an option to opt out if they so choose. This is a great way to get people coming back to the forum and keep conversations going, especially in the early stages of the community. Any suggestions?

Comments

• My extension Notifi has an option to automatically subscribe to discussions you start, and for commenting on a discussion someone else started is an option coming with the next version, releasing it soon.
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    Thanks SubJunk...that's a great add-on! Can it be set so that automatic subscription is a default setting for all new members instead of an opt in type of deal?
  • Sure, it is like that by default. I actually have already developed all the features for version 2.0 (option to send plaintext emails, automatic subscription when users comment, bbcode support...) but I am cleaning up the code so it's faster, I think it should be released in a few days but don't quote me on that.
This discussion has been closed.