Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Automatic notify for discussions

RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
edited November 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
If someone starts a new discussion or makes a new post, I would like them to be sent an email anytime that post is replied to with an option to opt out if they so choose. This is a great way to get people coming back to the forum and keep conversations going, especially in the early stages of the community. Any suggestions?

Comments

• My extension Notifi has an option to automatically subscribe to discussions you start, and for commenting on a discussion someone else started is an option coming with the next version, releasing it soon.
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    Thanks SubJunk...that's a great add-on! Can it be set so that automatic subscription is a default setting for all new members instead of an opt in type of deal?
  • Sure, it is like that by default. I actually have already developed all the features for version 2.0 (option to send plaintext emails, automatic subscription when users comment, bbcode support...) but I am cleaning up the code so it's faster, I think it should be released in a few days but don't quote me on that.
This discussion has been closed.