Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Hehehe. he

2»

Comments

• Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Quite honestly thought, all the tech's I've dealt with personally or directly from ASI have been helpful, blunt and spot on 99.9% of the time and have gone out of their way to help me whenever I've been in a rut. It's their outsourced and overly scripted "internet techs" that really annoy the hell out of me, not that I'm completely against outsourcing, but these people are so poorly trained it's not even helpful to call them.

take this conversaion i had for example:
    Tech: What's the problem? Me: DSL won't sync, I'm unable to negotiate with the server to authenticate my login. Tech: Are you running Windows or OSX Me: (for shits and giggles) Linux *note: this was a terrible idea* Tech: Please hold. *5 minutes pass* Tech: I'm sorry did you say Apple? Me: No.. *interupted* Tech: Please hold. *2 more minutes* Tech: I'm sorry we don't support that operating system. Me: no, really? Tech: Yes do you have a windows machine there? Me: Yes. Tech: Is it on? Me: Yes... Tech: can you connect with it? Me: No... same thing with the NIX machine behind the ROUTER or directly connected to the modem. Tech. Tech: Have you tried rebooting the windows machine? * I hang up at this point *

in between all that I could hear pages flipping and the "tech" searching for what to do next, every once in a while, just to get rerouted to someone who understands the issue I fill them up with shit they wouldn't possibly know and they switch me back to a 24 hour tech here in the states who they know can help me. It's rather ironic.
  • Options
    Thats exactly how it goes down. I had a customer once that had DSL connecting issues... to make the story short: I called SBC, went through teir 1, exactly as above, you can literally hear the pages turning. And the fact that the lady barely spoke english didn't help. Got through tier 2, which was basically the same as above just a lot faster. Finally after 3 hours I get to tier 3. Teir 3 is an office in the US with a man that speaks english, and knows what he is talking about. He fixed the problem in 3 minutes, it was all on their end. But how could it be? Tier 1 and 2 said it was at my end, and that rebooting the computer 57 times would fix it. 3 hours sitting on the phone with people that dont speak english with them telling me its my fault, only to have the tier 3 man say "whoops, our bad" and fix it in 3 mins. GGs. But the actual techs that come to your house/business are usually rather friendly and helpful. I know a lot of them (my step dad is one of em) and a lot of the times if we know a work around or a cheaper way to do it, we suggest it. We all hate "the company".
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    haha, krak, after the 4th or 5th time of finally learning the routine, I found it best to hit them with something really off-key and beyond both teir1 and teir2's range. Typically it results in asking them about nameservers and ping to an IP that's way off their network. after about 2 minutes of feeding them mind-numbing techno sugar-coated bullshit, they cave in and hook you up. One of the coolest things is, that ASI actually gave me their direct number and extensions if I ever encounter any MAJOR issues like I sometimes do. Those folks in Missouri and Texas rule for doing that for me.
This discussion has been closed.