Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla 2 Themes =]

DuaneDuane New
edited September 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello guys, I've heard of vanilla 2 about a year ago i stumbled upon it via http://www.opensourcecms.com , always felt it was a very genus idea for simple conversations but always felt it was a bit under developed.

Since I've been browsing and reading up about the development of vanilla 2 , and learning a bit more about the project and its main developer @Mark , I have decided that I will be the first (maybe?) to go ahead and start creating some attractive themes for vanilla 2/garden.

I plan on releasing 2 free templates, and depending on the success I might jump into designing premium templates for users. If you guys are looking for custom templates please feel free to contact me for quotes.

Do to privacy if you would like to see my portfolio, or know more about what work I've done for other softwares please send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

Feel free to drop your ideas for any kind of ajax, jquery or design requests here!

"Seize The Day!"

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    I am sure there are other people making themes for vanilla before you and I, but I am also working on making a theme or 2 for vanilla ...
    Out of curiosity, what are your rates?
  • Options
    message me hamed, lets bring our creativity together. Carpe Diem!
  • Options
    Does Vanilla version 2 already come out?
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @eMarek No, the final version is not yet released, but you can get the latest build off of GitHub if you want to see where it's at (mostly done, pretty stable)
  • Options
    @lincoln i think as long as there are no MAJOR changes, ill be able to theme this with no problems final version or not
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @carpediem I absolutely agree, I was just answering Marek's question.
  • Options
    @Lincoln I found it. Is there anywhere an easy way to translate this script? I think is there any folder with translated files?
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @eMarek You mean language translations of Vanilla? They're planned but none currently exist. I know the capability is built in (see 'locale' folders under /apps/garden and /apps/vanilla), but I don't know anything beyond that. I'm quite new to the platform myself.
  • Options
    # carpediem

if you could design a theme that's based on a video gallery that uses player would be great http://www.revolunet.com/labo/code/VLCcontrols

I'm sick and tired of flash video players I want the option to embed something new and open sourced video codec such as theora video.

or a vlccontrols plugin would be much better.

• Options
    @Lincoln I try to figure out the translation stuff, unfortunately it's harder than expected (would call it "not yet mature").
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/10018/Translation-Issues-caused-Tab-Link-Bug-time-format/