Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Fatal error: Class 'PDO' not found in /vanilla2/conf/config-defaults.php on line 16

edited September 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
This error is present when I navigate to the Vanilla 2 forum forum to begin installation.

Thanks,

T.

Comments

• Options
    Install the pdo module for php.
  • Options
    Hey, I have the same problem and I also have PDO installed too.
    My line 16 in config-defaults.php is

PDO::ATTR_PERSISTENT => TRUE,

Then under that on lines 17 and 18

1000 => TRUE, // PDO::MYSQL_ATTR_USE_BUFFERED_QUERY is missing in some php installations
    1002 => "set names 'utf8'" // PDO::MYSQL_ATTR_INIT_COMMAND is missing in PHP 5.3, so I use the actual value "1002" instead
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Need more information.

- Operating System
    - Web Server (and version)
    - PHP Version
    - Preferably a link to where we can view a phpinfo() on your host

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    I got the same problem when I tried to install version 2. I checked the PHP info, it shows
    './configure' '--disable-cgi' '--disable-pdo' '.....
    Well, that means the hosting company doesn't allow me to do it. What I can I do? Stick to Version 1.1.10 forever or switch a host?
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @sungroup I'd switch your host, personally. I have zero tolerance for bad service.
  • Options
    I get this PDO error as well but my PHP Info script shows the following:

'./configure' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-libxml' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-pdo=shared' '--enable-soap' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-zip' '--prefix=/usr' '--with-curl=/opt/curlssl/' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-gd' '--with-gettext' '--with-imap=/opt/php_with_imap_client/' '--with-imap-ssl=/usr' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-kerberos' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2/' '--with-mcrypt=/opt/libmcrypt/' '--with-mhash=/opt/mhash/' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' '--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--with-openssl=/usr' '--with-openssl-dir=/usr' '--with-pcre-regex=/opt/pcre' '--with-pdo-mysql=shared' '--with-pdo-sqlite=shared' '--with-pgsql=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-pspell' '--with-sqlite=shared' '--with-ttf' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6' '--with-xsl=/opt/xslt/' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr'

Any thoughts on what is not right about that configuration?