Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

A couple of ideas!

edited January 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have been watching Vanilla2 for a while, and I have played around with creating new themes.. But I would like to give just a couple of comments.

1. Tell users that when creating a new theme, they need to add the reset.css(without it certain things don't look right). This isn't a big problem, but it can be slightly confusing.

2. I've said this before, but I still think that a delete option should be standard for users. You'll never know when you're going to need it. It's better to just have it. I could have used it when I was creating test accounts, and then when I finished with them, it would have been nice to just be able to delete the users.

3. Be able to view what discussions a user has commented in. It can actually be really hard to find an old topic that you posted in, if you didn't actually start it. I realize that there is a tab in your profile, but it only shows topics that you've started. So maybe add a tab that lets you see what discussions a user has just participated in.

Other than that, I absolutely love Garden and Vanilla2. Designing new themes, is a breeze for someone who knows about CSS and HTML. I created a new install this morning, and just started playing around with a new design, it was super simple. You can view it here: http://www.ispyderz.co.cc/index.php/

Thank you!

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    1: Good call on reset.css. I totally forgot that when I revised the readme file a couple weeks ago. Added on GitHub and sent a pull request to Mark.

2: I think a delete function will be around soon-ish.

3: Sounds like a great addon :)