Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to add pages to vanilla 2?

DuaneDuane New
edited March 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Anyone know how to create internal pages with vanilla 2? I dont believe a plugin is NEEDED for this although it would be convient considering http://vanillaforums.org/addon/519/one-cms doesnt work

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    You can do it through a plugin, or you can just create a simple application / controller and hammer out pages that way. I apologize that there's not better documentation for this. We're looking at hires right now who will be helping with documentation, and getting questions answered here on the forums.
  • @Mark u should strongly consider adding this feature into the final release
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    We are :)
  • @Mark
    if im not mistaken, the documentation portion of the vf.org site is using a wiki system for vanilla/garden, right? Will this be in the v2 final release also?

thanks
  • I would assume that if it's an app written for Garden, then it would be released, when it's ready, separately from Vanilla 2 (another app for garden).
  • @stash
    thanks for the reply. The whole naming conventions discussion, I hope gets addressed soon.
  • sweet, thanks

so is the point of the master view "pagename/admin" .. is this because in the future of this plugin/app we will be able to edit the pages from the dashboard?

And shouldn't this be a application, not a plugin? What if i only want to create and manage pages/content
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    The custom pages plugin is a stop-gap solution for people who need something right away. We have a basic version of a wiki/cms that we're using on our documentation area here at vf.org. We will be working on it more down the road, but for now we're focused on finishing Vanilla 2.
  • thanks for the update.
  • Hi mark, can we start creating additional pages with vanilla in the new version now? Or is the solution still the custom pages plugin?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Vanilla isn't a CMS, so we don't have that as a feature. You'd still need a custom plugin.

Or, you could start a new discussion, close it, and then set a route in your Dashboard to do an Internal redirect from "/mypage" to the URL of the discussion (e.g. /discussion/1234/the-name-whatever). That's not a full page, per se, but a very easy way to put some content at a simple-to-type URL.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You can make other pages as html and place them in your forum folder then add a link to the pages onto the menu or anywhere in the forum.
    I added a policy page like that.

then add this to the master.php in the menu section where the other links are to place it in the menu.

$this->Menu->AddLink('Policy', T('Policy'), '/policy.html');

Live example:

http://www.vrijvlinder.com/forum/policy.html

You can make endless pages like this and when you make them just relay the forum style sheet so they match.