Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Admin email to all users? Any news for this function since 2005?

edited March 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have been thinking about this function as one of the natural fundamental functions of a forum app and I saw one of the discussions back on 2005 that someone wanted this (incl. Mark himself.. :P)

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/10689/#Comment_10689

I am wondering any luck so far? Or it has actually been implemented and I just cannot find out where it is?

Thanks everyone.

Comments

• yea this is a standard function in ALL forum systems, i feel as if its a required function before a final/stable version is released
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    We want to get a list of all "important" features that are missing, and then let people vote on them. I've been working on a theme for this site that will allow this type of feature-set.
  • @Mark if u need any help on the list or theme let me know, more then willing to help
  • @Mark I am willing to help too.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Do you guys want to help with the voting tool, or the emailing tool? or both? :)
  • the voting tool could double as a poll plugin, correct? lol

i know this is a commonly asked for feature.
  • Well im VERY slowly working on the poll plugin but if someone else is going to make it and needs it quicker then let me know so i don't waste my efforts.
  • I'm unfamiliar with garden & vanilla 2 but i'm willing to work on emailing tool for vanilla 1 if there isn't one and people wants it.
  • lol i think some may be misinformed, i am in no way shape or form a web developer, web design only LOL
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I should have a semi-functional version out pretty soon, and can get some help on debugging/finishing it then. Will keep this discussion up to date with progress...
  • @Mark
    Thanks for all the hard work
  • Wow haven't been here for while, nice to see people here..