Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Error with the Vanilla Replies Plugin

edited March 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Seem to be having a problems with the Vanilla Replies on the members profile feed (eg X replied to your comment. 3:18am).

The link to the post brings you to an PHP error, an example of PHP errors:
http://townsuite.com/community/discussion/reply/4/#Comment_3

Any idea on how to resolve this issue?

Cheers,
Andrew

Comments

• also the voting plugin causes errors, the plugins need to be updated im sure but... this reminds me of a question i've been pondering

does vanilla have any type of failsafe for plugin's and addons for like when you install them if major errors occur it will reverse however far the installation has gone and inform you it doesn't work with the debug info instead of running the risk of taking the site offline and potentially corrupting the database. Even better, it could report the addon/plugin back to vf.org and once like 200+ users report that certain plugins arnt working with whatever version it will notify the developer and post it on the plugin detail page or something.
  • running the risk of taking the site offline and potentially corrupting the database.
    You should never be trying out new plugins on a live site anyway, you should be developing locally testing and then uploading the plugin when you know its fine.
  • @garymardell
    are there any requirements for new addons? Is there any validation process or are they just posted up?

still, especially if thats the case, there should be a failsafe for these types of events.
  • My plugin has been validated as it says it has passed code review. However there is no way to check each plugin. Also just look at the comments and you will see if anyone else had a problem. I don't really know what more you want to happen.