Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Installation criteria

edited May 2010 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hello my dear friends,

I'm trying to get my installation of Vanilla 1.1.10 to work, but I'm having trouble with the whole database process.

When entering in all my stuff, I get this message:

"We came across some problems while setting up Vanilla...
We couldn’t connect to the server you provided (localhost). The database responded with the following message: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)"

I'm not exactly sure what this is telling me. I'm entering localhost for the server portion, and all the other necessary data for the other fields. I'm with media temple if that's of any use.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    It means it can't find the database connection at all (as opposed to not having the right username/password). This is probably an issue to raise with MT.
  • I'm having the same trouble. Was there any update?
  • edited June 2010
    Yes. I contacted my host, media temple, and it turns out they don't use localhost for the server portion of the criteria. I would simply open a support ticket with your host and they should be able to tell you what you need to enter instead.
  • mdrmdr
    edited June 2010
    KittyDigitize:
    If it is not "localhost" it is often "mysql.domainname.com", you might give it a try. . . . but unless you have gone into their gui, ssh, or contacted your host company to create the database you need and have a username and password, it won't work. Need a database with a username and password with access to that database to give to Vanilla.