Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is Vanilla dead or what?

edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is vanilla dead or what? There does not seem to ever be any kind of help or support here when request is posted. One wonders if this forum is still viable or worth rolling out for my users.

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited July 2010
    Huh? Vanilla 1 just had a point release 8 months ago. I believe @Dinoboff and @SubJunk
    are working on 1.2. The focus of the founders has passed to Vanilla 2 (RC3 as of this past week) which got a half-million in VC funding in early spring.

If answers seem a little sparse, it's because there are only 4 guys and a few volunteers trying to do everything and sometimes you have to prioritize writing code over answering every forum question. :)
  • I like the hosted version, now if I can just Tweak the open source version on Godaddy....wish me luck....
  • with funding - these guys should grow - because of the minimalist approach - and I think the key is to make Vanilla easy to plug into Wordpress....VERY EASY...and easier than the other forums products....then kaboom...these guys will make a lot of money.
  • I like Vanilla because of the cleanness, Wordpress bindings must be optional, IMHO.
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    No, Vanilla is not dead...your about a year and half late with that comment lol
  • lol...
    edited July 2010
    wonder where that came from anyways lol
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    @VanillaThunder, I've installed Vanilla 2 on godaddy. Are you having specific problems?
  • edited July 2010
    Hmm, this voting a comment up or down could get a tad confusing within a topic when a reply to a comment ends up ahead of the actual comment made... like what happened above with @Todd and VanillaThunder.

Edit: Well I guess nevermind, because all I'd have to do is change the way the comments are sorted to Date Added. Although it would be nice to have the option in preferences to be able to sort by Date Added by default instead of having to select it each time you read a topic.
    @roguefoxx

that happened to me too lol...

the voting thing is only good for a forum that strictly offers technical support...for all other discussions its confusing
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    All great points (if off-topic for the thread).

Hey, were trying out voting and tweaking it on our community. You guys don't mind being the subjects of experimentation do you?
  • @Todd Don't mind at all. Just thought it was a bit confusing for a moment and then realized why. I like the idea of experimenting here on the board. :)