Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

GuestSignIn

edited April 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
GuestSignIn

Comments

• Guest Sign In shows version 0.9 here at the Vanilla Add-ons listing, but version in the file is (correctly) 1.0.

Also, I think a set of <p> tags was dropped from this section (lines 39-42):
    $Panel->AddString('<div id="GuestSignIn"> <h2>'.$GuestSignIn_Title.'</h2> ' . $GuestSignIn_Message . ' <fieldset><form id="frmSignIn" method="post" action="'. GetUrl($Configuration, 'people.php') .'">
    Should be:
    $Panel->AddString('<div id="GuestSignIn"> <h2>'.$GuestSignIn_Title.'</h2><p> ' . $GuestSignIn_Message . ' </p><fieldset><form id="frmSignIn" method="post" action="'. GetUrl($Configuration, 'people.php') .'">
    The code for the <p> is in the CSS.
  • <p> tags would be more semantically correct also.

Added to my TODO list for this weekend.
  • When I check for updates: Guest Sign in Message 1.0 Extension not found. Find out why
  • Yeah, I get this too, here's the reason:

In default.phpExtension Name: Guest Sign in Message
    On the addons site: GuestSignIn

I'd go with the GuestSignIn to be used as the extension name since both the addons site is called that and the directory the extension is saved in is as well.

Incidentally, both default.php and the readme say it's version 1.0 and the add-ons site says it's .9. Might want to bump the add-ons site as well.
  • Uploaded version 1.1 of GuestSignIn.
  • Uploaded version 1.1 of GuestSignIn.
  • When users sign in they are redirected to my main page (no the forum main but the top level of hte domain) How do I fix this?? I ahve looked at all the files and I cannot find the problem. Thanks!
  • Uploaded version 1.2 of GuestSignIn.
  • eeryl: Try this version, it uses ReturnURL like it should.
  • Wonderful extension WallPhone... works great!
  • Just coming back to say thanks for all your help! It's running so perfectly now in both my forums. THANK YOU!!
  • alert * noobie question * alert

how can I move the guest sign-in to the top of the side panel?

is there a single file that needs to be edited?

cheers - J
  • Near the bottom of the default.php file, just before the } else { there should be a 10. Change that to a lower number and it should move higher in the panel.
  • thanks for that but it doesn't seem to make any difference. is it likely that it is conflicting with Nugget or another extension. is it risky at all to turn off all other extensions to see if that makes any difference. cheers - J
  • That is very likely--shouldn't be a risk to turn them off, nuggets would be my first suspect.
  • thanks again
  • i'd like to export the loginform "into" a page manager generated page.
    is there a magic spell i could use? or at least a few lines of code?

thanks a lot! in advance
  • I just want to say that since adding this extension the rate of people applying for membership on my forum has increased noticeably. My forum allows anyone to read it, so you have to click a link to get to the sign in page. Apparently people must have been having a hard time finding it, and putting the login on the left helped them out.
  • Excellent add-on (should be part of the base software, IMO). However--I notice that the layout breaks XHTML 1.0 Strict spec, which the rest of the board code adheres to. I was able to correct it with relative quickness--the <div> tag surrounding the <fieldset> tag actually should be inside the form tag (as <input> is an element that must be contained in a <div>, <p>, or other "container" tag--<form> is not a container tag, which surprised me the first time I ran into this part of the XHTML spec). The input tags also have to be corrected from <input> to <input />. That's just the nit in me, picking. Otherwise, excellent, functional, and necessary extension!
  • I don't like nits either, thanks for pointing them out!