Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

FCKeditor

Comments

• Do mis-spellings have any adverse or potential adverse effect on anything. I often come across them, but the extensions seem to work fine regardless. Here's one in default.php of FCK Editor. Though this isn't related, I'm having problems with getting video uploaded on my forum since the upgrade with the latest FCK Editor version. The example url "no." it gives in the box not only sticks, but previews the corresponding video of a big ole baby....cute as that is, it's not "horsey" enough for me. You can't cancel the buggar. Here's the mis-spell as it relates to Safari only I suppose. It's the word "formater" in the third from the bottom line I have posted here: // only detect safari if ((stristr($navigator_user_agent, "konqueror")) || (stristr($navigator_user_agent, "safari"))) { $browser = 'safari'; $dom_browser = true; } return $browser; } $user_browser = browser_detection('browser'); //add Kses formater class FCKeditorFormatter extends StringFormatter { var $allowed_tags;
  • I don't understand this post.

That line you are referring to is a comment, surely that has no effect on the script?

Posted: Wednesday, 21 May 2008 at 6:36PM

• Okay thanks then, I didn't know. I'll ignore these mis-spells, since I really don't know enough when reading through if they are integral to the script or just "comment."
  • Yup, if the line starts with a double slash: // it's a comment.

Posted: Thursday, 22 May 2008 at 9:39AM

• Okey doke then, thanks for that explanation. I appreciate your taking the time so that I can learn a little.
  • I just updated FCK editor and now it won't appear in the comments box. It was working before. I can't remember which version I updated from; and have uploaded all files in the right locations (I think). Any ideas? I'm viewing in firefox on PC.
  • Did you enable it from your Account under "Forum Preferences?"
  • I am having the same problem as Ele. I installed it, turned it on in the admin preferences, then I went and checked EVERY box in my users preferences. No FCK.
  • ah-ha! that worked. why did that turn off for an update? seems like a lot of needed settings are scattered throughout vanilla...
  • A few pages back found the fix for mine and it bears repeating: When you download FCKeditor and unzip from fckeditor.com the folder name is all lowercase. change the fck to caps so your folder will read FCKeditor (the one in your js folder). Works for me anyways.
  • having an issue w/ embedding url's... all ampersands in a link get changed to the html equivalent (i.e. & becomes & amp ;) and breaks the link. is there a fix?
  • I would like to make FCKeditor the default for all new users. Has anyone managed to do this? Thanks very much.
  • Teecee - the solution is: http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/5575/2/fckeditor/#Comment_67869 That took me a long time to figure out too
  • It appears that FCKEditor in its default configuration can't change the colour of text (the preview works fine, but the post doesn't show the color). I understand that this is because it writes some <span style... HTML tags that HTML protection software like KSES or Sirnot consider dangerous. One tip I found from the net is to change the style tags with the deprecated (but still working) HTML <font> tags. To do this, open up the config.js in the FCKeditor root directory, and append the following text to the end: //I got this tip from http://drupal.fckeditor.net/filters FCKConfig.CoreStyles['FontFace'] = { Element : 'font', Attributes : { 'face' : '#("Font")' } }; FCKConfig.CoreStyles['Color'] = { Element : 'font', Attributes : { 'color' : '#("Color","color")' } };
  • Hi guys, I got FCKEditor up and it works well for most part. There is an error when someone clicks on the Templates icon. An error dialogue pops up: == Error loading "../../../../extensions/FCKeditor/fcktemplates.xml" (HTTP Status: 404). Do you want to see the server response dump? == This is the server response dump: == <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"> <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>The page cannot be found</TITLE> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" Content="text/html; charset=Windows-1252"> <STYLE type="text/css"> BODY { font: 8pt/12pt verdana } H1 { font: 13pt/15pt verdana } H2 { font: 8pt/12pt verdana } A:link { color: red } A:visited { color: maroon } </STYLE> </HEAD><BODY><TABLE width=500 border=0 cellspacing=10><TR><TD> <h1>The page cannot be found</h1> The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. <hr> <p>Please try the following:</p> <ul> <li>Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.</li> <li>If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted. </li> <li>Click the <a href="javascript:history.back(1)">Back</a> button to try another link.</li> </ul> <h2>HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.<br>Internet Information Services (IIS)</h2> <hr> <p>Technical Information (for support personnel)</p> <ul> <li>Go to <a href="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=8180">Microsoft Product Support Services</a> and perform a title search for the words <b>HTTP</b> and <b>404</b>.</li> <li>Open <b>IIS Help</b>, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled <b>Web Site Setup</b>, <b>Common Administrative Tasks</b>, and <b>About Custom Error Messages</b>.</li> </ul> </TD></TR></TABLE></BODY></HTML> == Appreciate any feedback on this, thanks!
  • S.O.S!
    I have done all the Readme.txt said to do, but I still can't see it work in FireFox.
    I can only see it in IE.
    Can anybody help?
  • I have an odd FCKeditor problem. It's fine in Firefox, but not in IE6.
    The toolbar shows correctly but you can't post anything that doesn't finish with a carriage return in IE6, e.g.

"test" will give you an error message
    "test " is fine

Posts that don't end with a carriage return return this error from Vanilla:

"Some problems were encountered
    You must enter a value for the comments input."

Any ideas please guys? Thanks very much.
  • I have two questions: 1) Is there a way to giving smileys shortcuts like in vBulletin for instance? So typing an :) will return the smiley image and not a colon and a closing bracket? 2) Is it possible for the extension to be ON by default? Great extension, btw!
  • Thanks a lot for that mpowrie! Absolutely brilliant. I fixed my problem of the 26th BTW. I have also found a way to disable TinyMCE, switch to FCKeditor, and get all of your old TinyMCE posts to format correctly with FCKeditor instead if anyone's interested... You just use SQL to change the value in the Vanilla Comments table from "tinymce" to "fckeditor".
  • no matter what, fck editor is not working in my forum www.socaltelugu.com/messageboard/