Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Guest Post

Comments

• Only by packaging up the folder and providing the users with instructions how to implement it...
  • I would like to enable anonymous users to post new threats in forum - is it posiible ? Maybe some clue ?
  • Only if marikka releases his code parts as a package.
  • It doesn't work over here, using fresh install 1.1.2 and this extension only... Here's the output: <script language="JavaScript" name="randyPic"><!-- showImage(); //--></script><input type="text" name="SpamCheck" /></td>
  • Could I take a look at where it's installed?
    Looks like it can't find the .js file.

Posted: Saturday, 21 July 2007 at 11:31AM

• http://forumdacasa.com/discussion/101/casa-pronta-barata-e-feita-por-arquitectos/#Item_5
  • fmimoso- You might be having the same error I was. Make sure that the location of randy.js in your default.php is equal to where it exists on your server.

For example- I extracted the extension files into: /extensions/GuestPost v1.4/ - but the default.php is hardcoded to: /extensions/GuestPost/randy.js.
  • Solved. The problem was exactly that. Thanks for your help. ;) The images weren't displaying either as pravin stated above: the solution was to hardcode the images' address in randy.js. Once again: thanks. :)
  • is there any way to disable the guest posting part of this plugin, so that there's just an option for users to log in? i like the convenience of the quick login form, but i don't want to enable anonymous posting really.
  • exxxxcellent. thanks for that.
  • HEllo Minisweeper.... This looks great. Problem is i can't get it to work... check this out for example: http://www.culturalanimation.com/discuss/comments.php?DiscussionID=2&page=1#Item_0 I get this message... Some problems were encountered You do not have permission to add comments to discussions. Do i have to set up a user first named guest or something? Thnx in advance! Paul
  • Yeah. If you refer to the readme you'll notice you need to create a guest member first.
  • Oh.. erm sorry to waste your time Minisweeper! RTFI eh, doh! I'll go try that - and i am sure it will work now! It's great that you answerwed such a dumb question for me lol! Thanks again Paul
  • I'll never be sure it will work so you're a step ahead of me now! Thanks for asking such a dumb question, they're the easiest to answer :P
  • Minisweeper

Change line 37 to:
    if ($Context->Session->UserID <= 0 && $Context->Discussion->CategoryID == 1) {
    I havnt tested that but give it a shot and see if it works. I'm not sure if the discussion class is in there but we'll soon see.
    I also wanted to limit guest posting to a particular category, but "$Context->Discussion->CategoryID == 1" didn't work for me. I kept getting a... umm, undefined property error, I believe.

But using "$CommentGrid->Discussion->CategoryID" seems to work.
  • Well, I'm a bit late here. I wanted to suggest (as in Guestbook # 6) the addition of an array of category ids where Guest Post would appear/not appear. Well, as anybody wished everyone a good day today ?
    Have a nice day everybody !
  • I just installed this extension and am getting this error. I created a guest account, edited the default.php file to reflect this and activated the extension... Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/sitedirectory/public_html/comments/extensions/GuestPost/default.php on line 20
  • Double check your guest password line: define('GuestPassword', 'guest'); Chances are you deleted one of the ' or something by accident.