Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

MembersList

124»

Comments

• SubJunk I'd highly suggest that you put some more info in the description above:

+ Dependencies: Page Manager plugin

Set Up Instructions:
    + Add plugin folder to the extensions folder
    + Whatever role/permission step I'm missing
    + "Resync tabs" in page manager

Thanks.
  • @Nathaniel: I've added some basic instructions in the new download as well.
  • It isn't dependent on the Page Manager extension, in fact I don't think I've ever used that extension before.

As for the instructions, they're there in the download.
  • @SubJunk, sorry but I don't see any instructions beyond the step 1: add folder to teh extensions folder and enable it in the Extension Manager.

There's obviously more to do than that as the tab isn't working.

Re: page manager - ah, ok. Great. The other member tab add-on required it - figured it may have been similar.
  • Oh you JUST updated. I see it now. Thanks.

Though regrettably for someone new to this "Add the permission to see the new page, in your Roles & Permissions settings" is not very clear.

I've looked at the R & P settings and I see nothing that relates to the member list tab... though maybe your new code has something different... will see...
  • @SubJunk, Nope... Can you explain what "Add the permission to see the new page, in your Roles & Permissions settings" means? Or point me to documentation on the Roles & Permissions settings? I see that documentation is not yet available for it in the docs and the Vanilla Forums has no search and their urls are not properly indexed in Google search.
  • @Nathaniel: Specifically, the permissions are "Can see the Members tab" and "Can see private data of users on the Members tab (name and email)".
  • Ha! Finally I see... Man, ok. I would suggest that you clearly state in description up above:

+ only members and admins can view this member list

And in your instructions:
    + "Add the permissions to the member and admin roles in your Roles & Permissions settings"
    + If you use the Page Manager add-on you will need to re-sync tabs in the Page Manager setting.

This info would be greatly appreciated for new folks I would imagine -- and add to folks' great appreciation for your work on this add-on SubJunk!

Thanks much!
  • I am getting the follow error when using the preview button of Preview Posts.

Warning: include(extensions/MembersList/conf/language.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/extensions/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/MembersList/default.php on line 24

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'extensions/MembersList/conf/language.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/devinephoto/www.berksbassmasters.com/extensions/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/MembersList/default.php on line 24

Warning: include(extensions/MembersList/conf/settings.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/extensions/MembersList/default.php on line 25

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'extensions/MembersList/conf/settings.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/extensions/MembersList/default.php on line 25

Can't say if this was a problem before updating to the latest version of not. I just noticed it today.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan
  • @Dan Devine: Ah yes, I see. It's a bug and I'll fix it soon.
  • It's fixed in 1.4, thanks for reporting the bug
  • Ok Thanks!

Works fine now.

Dan
  • Hi guys,

I've read all the comments but I'm a novice with php and don't know how to fix the following errors I'm receiving:

Warning: include(/usr/www/users/downt6sn/forum/extensions/MembersList/conf/language.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/www/users/downt6sn/forum/extensions/MembersList 2/default.php on line 24

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/usr/www/users/downt6sn/forum/extensions/MembersList/conf/language.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/www/users/downt6sn/forum/extensions/MembersList 2/default.php on line 24

Warning: include(/usr/www/users/downt6sn/forum/extensions/MembersList/conf/settings.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/www/users/downt6sn/forum/extensions/MembersList 2/default.php on line 25

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/usr/www/users/downt6sn/forum/extensions/MembersList/conf/settings.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/www/users/downt6sn/forum/extensions/MembersList 2/default.php on line 25

Any ideas? thank you
  • @dtp56: Hi, it looks like the problem is that you have a folder called "MembersList 2". The folder needs to be called "MembersList" exactly.
  • Worked, thank a lot.
  • Hi, sorry to bother you with this but every time I click the members tab I'm getting my 404 error page. Any ideas? My forum is here: http://petsitterbible.com/forum/

thanks!
  • plan to support vanilla 2 rc1?
  • I have installed this extension on my Vanilla 1 installation. The extensions works great except id does not list the number of users per page I have specified in addon setting.php file. I have the following:

// shows how many members showed in one page
    $eMembersConfig['paginate'] = '20';

Also, it does not do any form of pagination.

Any suggestions to fix these issues?
  • I can't change the default sorting.
    When Memberspage is loaded, users are sorted by id, so older users are on the top... that makes no sense after some years of forum activity.
    How can I automatically sort them by c_posts (posts count) when page is loaded?
    I tried to edit the code, without success!
    Thanks!

• June 2010 -/- NOW() == +/- 18 months... sigh... SPLIT

There was an error rendering this rich post.