Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

What are you looking for...

KrakKrak New
edited October 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
What are you looking for in a style? What colors? Anything specific? Something in a different location? What? Feed me.

Comments

• Black and oraange and green and some other images I have. I can't be arsed making it (I don't have time), but I have an awsome JUNGLE theme in mind.
  • If you want some images, let me know.
  • JUNGLE IS MASSIVE!

sorry.

I've been working on a theme myself. I really like clever CSS tricks though. I've been experimenting with adding them to the forum. I'm failing.
  • like what tricks are you thinking? or is that secret ;-) i was thinking about making a stylesheet that keeps the side panel fixed top left of the screen. only problem is for people who's side panel is bigger than their screen!
  • If I don't pull the tricks off then I'll ask here if anyone knows how to do it :)

I'll try and keep them secret up till then so it'll be something different in a style I hope.

I'm looking forward to the XHTML editing aspect of the next version. I've got some ideas for that. Hopefully we can really go to town on the edits.
  • Easy to read.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    I'm waiting for the next release to roll out to properly redo dirt and sky, however, I look for clean and easy to read styles using some proper fonts :D
  • Once we get a look at the templating system, I'm intending to make a theme to match my sites design, and also one which mimics a rather well known commercial forum software, just for kicks.
  • and also one which mimics a rather well known commercial forum software, just for kicks.
    Im sure that would help bring people to Vanilla that are a little hesitant because of how it looks/its layout.
  • I'm definately a fan of lighter styles. It's too easy to get bogged down in black/grey styles, where as the lighter colours are much more enjoyable to read for long periods of time. Whites and light greys with highlight colours.
  • hey Krak > you still up for a challenge?
  • Whatcha got?
  • http://lostflight815.co.uk - matching theme would be nice. I'm too busy to look at it at the mo.
This discussion has been closed.