Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Just upgraded and suddenly can't log in?

TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Chances are, you need to clear your cookies. Then close and re-open your browser.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Just cleared cookies and still can't login. Getting bonk.

Update: Reinsalled and problem is gone.
  • I am having the same problem. None of my forum users can log in, says permission denied even if I reset their passwords. Only the admin user works.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    @yaqui Check your users. Are they members are the correct role? If they are, check the role. Does it have the right permissions? Specifically, in the first box, have you enabled Garden.SignIn.Allow?

• edited September 2010
    @Tim Login is working fine on IE8, Firefox and Chrome, but not on IE6 or my iphone or ipad. Permissions are fine.

• @Tim, you're a lifesaver. The toggling of the Garden > SignIn > Allow Radio button was the problem. Wouldn't you agree this should come enabled by default?

Thank you for your help.
  • This unchecked permission was my issue as well...

Agreed – completely silly that this isn't checked by default...?!
    It is checked by default. I confirmed this with a fresh install of 2.0.11 to a clean database.

Did you guys do imports or something... from Vanilla 1 perhaps? That could explain it.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Added to upgrade documentation and unannouncing.
  • Umm... this information isn't in the upgrade doc. Would have saved me a couple of hours. I checked the documentation before the forum.