Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

having problems theming/skinning my forum - please help!

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,

I am trying to skin my forum so that it looks like part of my wordpress website.

I have found tutorials that say that you need to go the /themes folder and find head.php, foot.php, and panel.php.

- that's all well and good but i can't find these files at all. they are not in the default theme, or any other theme that i have downloaded. am i missing something?

i have literally downloaded and installed the forum today, so it's fully up-to-date. i don't understand how to skin the forum now.

please can someone help me, i am going crazy!

i would love you forever if you can help me xxx

silvers

Comments

• I noticed this too. It seems that a lot has changed in Vanilla 2, but the documentation still mentions old files, or says files are in locations they now aren't. It would help if the boffins could update the basics (though I'm sure everyone involved are working their a**es off!)
  • cool well at least i am not alone!

if anyone knows how to skin and theme the forum to make it look like it's part of the website please help us out!

i would be really really grateful!

xxx
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    A good start: http://vanillaforums.org/page/ThemeQuickStart

Also see the txt files in the /themes folder.

If you see anything referencing "foot.php" etc. you're looking at Vanilla 1 docs that are completely irrelevant to V2.