Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Quote-Plugin: text doesn't get copied

Comments

• This one is a blocker for a site I'm planning to deploy in a week or so. Is there no progress being made? :/
  • Still doesn't work for me. It slides down, but no text. I tried disabling all of my other plugins but no dice.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    getquote.php is indeed empty by design.

What version of vanilla are you using, and are you using RewriteUrls = TRUE?

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• I still have this problem, Vanilla version 2.03 and RewriteUrls = False. It needs to be false because the Apache config on the server the forum is on does not support URL rewrites so turning it on breaks the forum.
    2.0.4 will fix this bug. AJAX is basically broken in 2.0.3 with RewriteUrls = FALSE

• Many thanks Tim.
  • I too was having the problem with the blockquote HTML not being inserted. I ran it with Firebug enabled, and saw that there was a missing '/' between my forum's root URL and the getquote request part of the URL, e.g. it looked like:
    example.com/forumplugin/quotes/getquote/Comment_2
    After editing the plugin file js/quotes.js line 65 from:
    var QuotebackURL = gdn.definition('WebRoot')+'plugin/quotes/getquote/'+QuotedElement;
    to:
    var QuotebackURL = gdn.definition('WebRoot')+'/plugin/quotes/getquote/'+QuotedElement;
    (i.e. added a '/' between the webroot and the rest), it seems to submit a proper request for the quoted text and in turn inserts the blockquote.
  • 2.0.4 will fix this bug. AJAX is basically broken in 2.0.3 with RewriteUrls = FALSE
    Updated to 2.0.4, running with RewriteUrls = TRUE, just as I did under 2.0.3. Still having the same problem. None of the other solutions in this thread has helped, either :/
    Do you have Firefox with Firebug installed?

• have got the same problem.. wont work good.
  • Do you have Firefox with Firebug installed?
    No sorry, I'm using Chrome. What would you want me to check if I had had Firefox/Firebug? (I could install it)
  • Sjoerd or chi1,

You might try changing the js/quotes.js file like I mention above (link), and see if that helps. I don't think it could hurt, anyway.
    @chi1 I just wanted to see what URL was being requested by the script, and what response was being delivered by the server. It would help a lot.

• For what it's worth, I got this add-on to work for me by changing line 65 of quotes.js to:

var QuotebackURL = gdn.definition('WebRoot')+'/index.php?p=/plugin/quotes/getquote/'+QuotedElement;
    I would think that gdn.definition('WebRoot') would return the root with the /index.php?p= on it, but I guess not?

At any rate, this seems to be a problem with a lot of ajax plugins but once you understand what's happening, at least they're all easy to fix.
  • Sjoerd or chi1,

You might try changing the js/quotes.js file like I mention above (link), and see if that helps. I don't think it could hurt, anyway.
    Actually, that did indeed work. Thanks alot!

Sorry for making a fuss :)
  • edited September 2010
    Actually, that did indeed work. Thanks alot!
    No problem; glad it worked!
  • ithcyithcy New
    edited September 2010
    I had to make the same fix in mine.

According to the code you should be able to set the WebRoot configuration directive in config.php (so you should be able to just hard code your forum root with a trailing slash there) but that directive is not being read properly as far as I can tell.

I don't think that is this plugin's fault as it seems to be using the API correctly.
  • @ithcy
    I'm not setting the WebRoot now, as it seems to be picked up fine automatically. It seems problematic to hard-code a webroot just for a trailing slash. Does this imply that the Vanilla code itself should be giving WebRoot with a trailing slash? Perhaps that is what you are saying; sorry if I'm not understanding... :)

I do think it would make more sense if WebRoot always had a trailing slash, since then adding a path to it would work whether or not the additional path started with a slash.
    Whatever moron wrote this plugin @Tim needs to use the new gdn.url() function that Todd wrote, which will fix the issue.

• @Tim
    Would it be gdn.url, or gdn.combinePaths...?
    Perhaps I'm not understanding gdn.url...