Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

FileUpload 1.2.1 Released

TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
This is primarily a bugfix release.

Changes:
- Fix to ensure comments always display their attached files
- Fix to per-page caching
- Removed DOM #id dependence, allowing the EDIT functionality to work as intended
- Display current file list when editing the first post of a discussion
- Prevent lost files when uploading several at a time

Features:
- Allow file deletes
- Clean up orphan files when discussions or comments are deleted

Let me know if there are any bugs!

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

Comments

• Awesome ... does this version have inline image display?
  • Thanks!

I'm sure you are already aware of some things that are still not quite right yet, but I'll mention them anyway :-)

When I edit a post with attachments, the attachments are not listed in the edit view. I can add new attachments and when viewed in the discussion, they will appear in the list of attachments togheter with the rest.

I can add the same file several times. Not sure if that's a bug or a feature.

When posting a question (starting a thread) with multiple attachments the last attachment will not be shown in the list when viewing the post/thread. Try adding 2 attachments and only one will appear, 3 attachments and only 2 will appear.

I'm using Vanilla 2.0.9, FileUpload 1.2 on a MAMP installation.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    edited September 2010
    Awesome ... does this version have inline image display?
    I'm working on this. Doing it a bit more involved.
    When I edit a post with attachments, the attachments are not listed in the edit view. I can add new attachments and when viewed in the discussion, they will appear in the list of attachments togheter with the rest.
    Ahh, I see what you mean. This only happens when you're editing the first post in the discussion... the discussion post itself. Editing comments works fine. I guess I just dont hook into the right event. I'll look into it.
    I can add the same file several times. Not sure if that's a bug or a feature.
    Yeah, I'm not really worried about stuff like this. People can do what they want. Good catch though.
    When posting a question (starting a thread) with multiple attachments the last attachment will not be shown in the list when viewing the post/thread. Try adding 2 attachments and only one will appear, 3 attachments and only 2 will appear.
    Hmm I hadn't noticed this before but testing reveals that there is indeed some strange behavior going on. Working on it.

FileUpload 1.2.1 Released

Minor bugfixes as per the previous post in this thread.

• DanDevineDanDevine
    edited September 2010
    I must be missing something. Attach a file does nothing for me. Mousing over it changes the color of the command but clicking on it produces no activity. Tried disabling my plugins, turning FileUpload off and on, changing theme to Vanilla default. Trying version 1.2.1 with Vanilla 2.0.9. Old version was working with all the prior limitations that were documented but can't get this one to work.
    Try clearing your browser cache. Also, do you perhaps have minify plugin enabled?

• Minify not running. Cleared cache in Safari, no dice, quit Safari and tried FireFox and it worked in FireFox. Reopened Safari and it is now working in Safari. Man, I am gonna have to make a list of things to try when things work for everyone else but not for me! Looking forward to seeing the addition of inline image displaying.

Thanks Tim!
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    Inline images will be hugely beneficial... hopefully it will work in conjuction with the image resize plugin. Perfecto
  • Thank you Tim. Also looking forward to the inline images.
  • Same issue.
    With the following js error

Erreur : $("div.Attachments a.DeleteFile").popup is not a function
    Fichier Source : http://www.*****.fr/forum/plugins/FileUpload/js/fileupload.js?v=2.0.9
    Ligne : 86
  • Hi, where configure .ext autorized and max file?
  • Hi Tim,

The latest version of FileUpload does not seem to be backwards compatible for attachments uploaded under v1.1?

This seems to be because the method for calculating file storage paths has changed in function FindLocalMediaFolder from in v1.1:

$FolderID = $UserID % 20;
    $ReturnArray = array('FileUpload',$FolderID,$UserID);

to v1.2.1:

$FolderID = $MediaID % $DispersionFactor;
    $ReturnArray = array('FileUpload',$FolderID);

Is there any easy way of moving files that have been already uploaded to the new directory structure format?
  • Also, there is still a bug whereby filenames containing an apostrophe (') will not upload.
  • If your server is configured properly, a realtime upload progress bar will also be displayed. I am getting this bar and selection and check box is also coming up. However file upload is not taking place. upload dir has write permission and if upload avatar pic for a user, it gets updated. Any clues?
    What is the JSON response to the form submission (use firebug to get this)? Are you sure the file is not uploaded? Check the GDN_Media table for the path and then check that the file really isn't there.

• I'm getting doubled extensions.

For example if I upload, file.jpg it shows up and downloads as file.jpg.jpg
    or if it's example.zip it becomes example.zip.zip

very odd.
  • raykrayk New
    edited October 2010
    Btw, if anyone wants to see their images appear inline, on line 13 replace with:

imageMediaID}/{$Media->Name}"); ?>"><?php echo $Media->Name; ?>/>

Hope the proper inline images solution will come soon, but this will suffice till then.
  • And how about resizing images inline, with this solution ?
    I'm getting doubled extensions.

For example if I upload, file.jpg it shows up and downloads as file.jpg.jpg
    or if it's example.zip it becomes example.zip.zip

very odd.
    This is not happening on my install (Vanilla 2.0.11 and FileUpload 1.2.1)

• edited October 2010
    I had the same duplicate filename extension bug as well -- looks like it was solved in v2.0.11 with the fix being uploaded on October 1 in github:

http://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/commit/113b000363f9ebe692b9f769db21a544594de825