Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Doesn't work with 2.0.11?

edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm trying out this plugin on Vanilla 2.0.11, and it doesn't appear to be working at all. I'm still fiddling with it, hopefully I can get it to work.

Can anyone confirm whether or not this works with 2.0.11?

Thanks.

EDIT: I renamed the folder from "Emoticons" (which is how it's named in the extracted folder from the ZIP) to "EmoticonsPlugin", and now the plugin is actually executing, but the smiley's aren't being replaced. Still fiddling. :-)

Comments

• Looks like the issue only occurs when there are brackets in the smiley code -- [ or ].
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    I find it works in 2.0.9
  • Doesn't work for me either :(
  • 2.0.14 Doesn't work for me either. I've tried the folder renaming thing too. I suspect it is the name of the class - default.php - which is a bit inconsistent compared to other plugins (i.e. probably should be class.emoticons.plugin.php or something).
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Mind filing this as an issue since Emotify is in core now?
  • Works fine on my forum. 2.0.11
  • I think this is related to theme issues. I'm on 2.0.11 using modified version of http://topwpthemes.com/kronos/ (kronos)
  • Okay, I am using a wordpress theme kronos and the embedded..sorry ..brain stopped working in last post. If I goto the direct page, it works fine. Seems to be an issue of the iframe (embedded) blocking the popup. Can anyone else confirm this?
  • oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    @Cngevpxhaqrefpber @judgej @Lincoln @Davidis @sra
    Plugin has been updated to work with the latest release of Vanilla (2.0.16):
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/emoticons-plugin-1.3

Probably it also works on older Versions, like 2.0.11, try it yourself by removing the minimum requirement in the Plugin's Definition (very top part in the plugin's PHP file).