Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Any feedback on Google Calendar Plugin

Comments

• edited November 2010
    After fresh install no major problems, except
    1. 2 copies of the ukhols calendar in the sidebar.
    2. Feed image url still wrong http://example.org/plugins/GoogleCalendar/rss.png
      I have vanilla in subdirectory i.e. should be http://example.org/discus/plugins/GoogleCalendar/rss.png
      I think it needs to derive the plugins folder from the install directory name or similar
    (I have substituted "example" for real domain name above)
  • edited November 2010
    This works great except :

1. multiple copies of calendars appeared - i just deleted the entries from teh DB then all was good.
    2. Config screen is always blank.(i edited the file directly).

Thanks for the update Davidis :-)
  • The problem with the config screen and image seem to be related to the url.
    Ill look into this. Should have an updated version up tonight.

Regarding the multiple copies is there multiple database records for the ukhols calendar? If there is not then the old version has not gone away.
  • @waynec is your forum in a folder under your domain?
  • @Davidis The vanilla folder is root of the domain.

I deleted the multiple rows that were inserted into the GND_Cals table.

Tip : If a user wishes to use the google calendar private calendar they must edit the line

$rssUrl = "http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/".$path."/private-YOURPRIVATEKEY/basic";

Also a new random question - I cant get the timezone to work for the calendar. It keeps defaulting to some GMT +0 time.

I have added 'Australia.Sydney#' before the email ID.

What am I doing wrong?
  • I have messed around with the cal times in your feeds file and can manipulate it to work but its very hacky

Anyone else been able to change the timezones?
  • Ill have a look at implementing timezones and private feeds properly for the next version. (probably get something up for sunday)

@waynec can you send me a screen shot of the config page including url as it works on my test system.(2.0.11)
  • Added timezone support.
    The rss image is now loaded via the asset funtion so should work on sites in a folder.
    On the config page if you click edit there is now a dropdown list of timezones.

Had to reduce the number of timezones from the full timedb list but all hour modifications from -12 to + 12 are included. If you want more added ask and it will happen.
  • edited November 2010
    It probably needs pointing out that the plugin needs to be disabled and then re-enabled when upgrading, otherwise clicking on the settings button leads to an error message being displayed. Upgrading is more than simply overwriting the files with new versions by ftp access to the site.
  • Yes you do. Added a database field for timezones this time.
  • edited November 2010
    Great -

1. how can i view the settings page? It just goes to a blank page.

I deleted the whole thing including the db. Then added it again. Still no settings.

2. I set the calendar to Australia/Melbourne (I previously added it to the tz data and added it to the DB also. And the times are oll off.

- 25 November 2010
    1.00am - test 1 (map)
    11.00pm - test2 (map)

- 26 November 2010
    12.00am - yo (map)

However in the google calendar i have

- 25 November 2010
    12.00pm - test 1 (map)

- 26 November 2010
    10.00am - test2 (map)
    11.00am - yo (map)

So the whole clock is out by 11 hours.

Thanks for the work also.
  • 1, i dont know. im looking into this.
    2, do you have a ctz string which does work?
  • nope. they are all wrong it seams. Even when i default back to default in the plugin and the gmail cal app.
  • Ive been told this requires you to enable the world clock on your calendar and add the timezone supported.
    But i dont like this method so im investigating if its possible to use the timezone field or process it on the client. ID rather not have to process on the page as this will slow down the page load considerably.
  • Any update?

• @waynec the blank settings page ill look at tonight i think this is related to the user permissions check.

Regarding the timezones the timezone parameter does not work and ctz wont work without the world clock on the google calendar site.

i could allow you to set an offset to the times yourself but this will not take daylight savings into account.
  • Nope it doesnt - i already tried that. :-)
  • Any info on that blank settings page?
  • Didn't manage to replicate it on the forum i managed.
    No longer in charge of that forum as the group died but if you can fix it help your self.
  • edited July 2011
    I'm using it on my forum and the dates are all off by +7 hours... I'm in PDT which is GMT-7. any idea what this could be? adjusting the time zone seems to have no effect. is something on my server set to GMT and overriding everything?