Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Embed issues

edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi When embedding the forum into my site, I've set the forum up so that users cannot see forum posts until they are logged in (specific categories setup for specific user types).
Based on this, the height of the embedded container isn't very deep. As a result, when clicking on the login button you cannot see the entire overlay (lightbox) login screen. Similar effects happen when trying to click on the option box next to individual posts.
Is there a way to get around this?

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Hmmm. Well, one way could be to use a min-height css rule with !important on the container so that it doesn't go shorter than you need.

A better solution is for us to force a min height so our login box appears properly. Thanks for telling us about this - I'll see about a fix tmw.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    OK - I've added a 3 line fix that lets you specify a minimum height for the embedded forum. I defaulted it to min 400px high:

https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/commit/88f06cb67db49d5d744b537fcd2b2cc4444130c3
  • When we are at heights already, I have another strange behavior to report.

If we set that link to discussion leads to first unread comment in discussion, for first few comments that works alright, but how the thread grows longer, browser starts to miss correct position. The longer the thread is, worst the positioning gets.

This behavior only occurs when forum is embedded.