Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Multiple votes on same question by a user,Bug or Feature?

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I was testing the plugin and noticed that I could actually place multiple votes on same discussion/question/answer, is that a bug that or just a feature . Great plugin by the way!. Hopefully the Oauth will be available soon.

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Are you the admin? Admins have no limitations

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• oh ok I thought as much, just looking briefly at the code. Thanks!
  • edited November 2010
    @Tim when I vote down I can vote more than once (not administrator), ie duketek's first post has 2 votes I can vote till he has 0 votes. I think it should be only +1 and -1?
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I have voted @Frodo down to -74 for bringing up this terrible issue. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Is the first vote or top vote supposed to be a tally of all the votes? On the main forum page the full tally for votes is 2 which does not add up to either the number of posts that have received votes or the sum of the current number of votes for all posts to this question.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    The votes on the discussions list represent the votes of the original post.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff

-74'd!!!

• Yes, i agree with Frodo... should be only +1 and -1 for non admins.
  • But this happens. For non-admin, clicking on the button is like a toggle between +1 and 0 / -1 and 0.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Is it? Maybe I could -74 him because I'm a moderator... Haven't tried it anywhere else.
  • edited December 2010
    NM - any user with ability to "edit" on a category can vote more than once
  • I voted up twice for your post even I'm a normal user in this forum :)
  • @Tim when I vote down I can vote more than once (not administrator), ie duketek's first post has 2 votes I can vote till he has 0 votes. I think it should be only +1 and -1?
    First I voted your comment up then clicked vote dowb button once, hooops it resets :)