Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Foreign characters and Friendly URLs problem

TudorTudor
edited June 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I am using the Friendly URLs extension and I noticed the following problem. In Romanian language we use two special characters (among others): - Ș (s comma below: Ș and ș ) - Èš (t comma below: Ț and ț ) Let's say the name of a forum discussion is "DiscuÈ›ii". The resulting "friendly URL" should be something like: www.your-website/vanilla/discussion/12/discutii (the "È›" must be replaced with "t"). However in Vanilla the URL becomes: www.your-website/vanilla/discussion/12/discuii (notice the missing "t"). Same thing happens with "Ș": instead of being converted to "S", it disappears. Any idea how to fix this problem? PS: I set UTF-8 everywhere I could find encoding settings for Vanilla and the database. Other accented characters are converted properly.

Comments

• TudorTudor
    edited June 2009
    Nevermind, I fixed the issue by adding the missing characters in the CleanupString function (found in FrameworkFunctions.php file).
  • Salut Tudor,

Is your hack valid for Vanilla 2? I can't seem to find the file/function you've specified.
  • I'm interested in this as well. And no, that function doesn't seem to be present in Vanilla 2.

/p.s. şi totuşi dacă mai sunt români, a încercat cineva să localizeze versiunea a 2-a? ;)