Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Flagging Addon] Suggestion for Flagging Plugin

ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
My suggestion for the flagging plugin is that the flagging page should be visible to moderators on the frontend or at least on the backend because it's meant for moderator review. Can it be done? It only works for administrators who have access to the dashboard.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I was planning to modify it to start a discussion in a select category.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I've added the ability to make 'Flagging' start a new discussion in a category of your choice. It will be in the next release.
  • That was quick. Thank you very much! I wonder what the discussion post would look like.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    If you have the Quotes plugin enabled it'll probably look something like what I've attached. YMMV depending on your theme, but it's easily overridden in your theme by customizing the 'report.php' view I created for it.
  • ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited January 2011
    Looking good. I'll be waiting for the next release to come out.

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited February 2011
    @Lincoln: Just noticed it was in the latest Vanilla release. A few more suggestions I have would be:

1) Have the content flagging page in the dashboard linked to discussions in the target flagged discussions category. Reason for this is that if I dismiss a flag in the dashboard, it should remove the post in the category and vice versa.

2) Disallow flagging of flagged discussions in the flagged discussions category, perhaps?

Please, let me know what you think of these suggestions, Lincoln.